Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

IMG-20220121-WA0036.jpg

I agree, I don't really buy this idea fans are impatient. The most critical thing I can say, is that fans mirror the ownership, who is very impatient. However, people gave Moyes over 10 years, without ever really calling for his resignation. Took most of 3 years to turn on Martinez.

The issue is, they are not doing things for the long term, and they don't communicate effectively what they are trying to do.

If in the summer, they went and got Potter and Ashworth, and put out a simple statement effectively saying it would take time, but we are giving them 5 years to get it right, I honestly think people would get on board completely with this. But you can't keep appointing managers like Allardyce, Koeman, Benitez and even Ancelotti, allow them to sign a load of players 27/28+ often on big money, and then say you want patience. People aren't stupid.
It’s all about results. 5 year plans work only if the results are there during that period.

It’s why Moyes lasted, Klopp has lasted, Pochettino lasted.

Every single one of the managers sacked post Moyes were rightfully potted because of results irrespective of what they were attempting to build.

If anything results are what allow you to build a plan. Not the other way round.

No one is going to say stick with Potter if he produces Koeman or Benitez results.

Last edited:
I agree, I don't really buy this idea fans are impatient. The most critical thing I can say, is that fans mirror the ownership, who is very impatient. However, people gave Moyes over 10 years, without ever really calling for his resignation. Took most of 3 years to turn on Martinez.

The issue is, they are not doing things for the long term, and they don't communicate effectively what they are trying to do.

If in the summer, they went and got Potter and Ashworth, and put out a simple statement effectively saying it would take time, but we are giving them 5 years to get it right, I honestly think people would get on board completely with this. But you can't keep appointing managers like Allardyce, Koeman, Benitez and even Ancelotti, allow them to sign a load of players 27/28+ often on big money, and then say you want patience. People aren't stupid.
People would get on board as long as they see some linear progression.

For me its quite simple really. Any talk of Champions League, trophies etc is out of the question.

I want to see the manager gaining improved results and points totals year-on-year, improving individual players, and being central to a process that brings in and integrates players better than what we already have. We can't afford any more duds.

They can have the personality of a piece of cardboard, or all the charisma in the world. I don't care as long as I see a manager that appears to have more than a semblance of know-how as to what he is doing and the ambition at least to see us to do much, much better. We need someone with a personal hunger for their career. I'd accept 5 years of progress now even it it meant that manager then leaving us for Chelsea, Man City, or whoever.

Every season we go through a period where we can't buy a win for 7,8,9,10 games and this season that trend has continued and worsened. It simply means we are not competitive, the quality of the league is not great so with a sprinkling of decent players that we still have, something is fundamentally wrong. The manager on his own, if the right man, can be transformative but ultimately also held back by incompetence from above. Moyes hit that ceiling with Kenwright.

For me there is only 1 appointment if the board want to be seen with joined up and logical thinking... And that is Wayne Rooney.

Big name to appease Moshiri
One of Kenwrights Luvvies and former player, came through the academy.
Would command instant respect from the players
Evertonian, would unite the fan base and have Goodison rocking to its foundations
Ferguson as number 2 having more influence than previously, I think with these 2 youd get some serious commitment
Then appoint a DoF to bring the right profile of player.

This structure and management team could last for a few years, I honestly believe that, put us back on the map.

Get it done Everton!

For me there is only 1 appointment if the board want to be seen with joined up and logical thinking... And that is Wayne Rooney.

Big name to appease Moshiri
One of Kenwrights Luvvies and former player, came through the academy.
Would command instant respect from the players
Evertonian, would unite the fan base and have Goodison rocking to its foundations
Ferguson as number 2 having more influence than previously, I think with these 2 youd get some serious commitment
Then appoint a DoF to bring the right profile of player.

This structure and management team could last for a few years, I honestly believe that, put us back on the map.

Get it done Everton!
The DOF of football should be hired before a long term manager is appointed if we're going to have one

For me its quite simple really. Any talk of Champions League, trophies etc is out of the question.

I want to see the manager gaining improved results and points totals year-on-year, improving individual players, and being central to a process that brings in and integrates players better than what we already have. We can't afford any more duds.

They can have the personality of a piece of cardboard, or all the charisma in the world. I don't care as long as I see a manager that appears to have more than a semblance of know-how as to what he is doing and the ambition at least to see us to do much, much better. We need someone with a personal hunger for their career. I'd accept 5 years of progress now even it it meant that manager then leaving us for Chelsea, Man City, or whoever.

Every season we go through a period where we can't buy a win for 7,8,9,10 games and this season that trend has continued and worsened. It simply means we are not competitive, the quality of the league is not great so with a sprinkling of decent players that we still have, something is fundamentally wrong. The manager on his own, if the right man, can be transformative but ultimately also held back by incompetence from above. Moyes hit that ceiling with Kenwright.
We become a strange bunch lately, everyone says we need to play Everton style football but ask 10 fans what it he and you get 10 different answers. Carlo was winning match but people thought the football was awful, then 2021 hit and I think it’s close to being the worse Callander year Everton ever had.
Once Carlo stopped winning people wanted him out.
The only way the next manager will be given time is if the football style improves along with results and that won’t happen till we buy an actual useful midfield and settle on a system

Can imagine the interview process being Moshiri spending twenty minutes with the candidate trying to help him get a digestive biscuits he'd dunked out his cup of tea, whoever manages to get it out without it falling to pieces gets the job.

Out of the last 6 days one thing stands out to me: Lampard and his connections remaining tight lipped.

Mourinho and Rooney and the Belgian FA have reacted to make plain where they are at with this job.

Lampard quickly shut down specualtion he'd take the Newcastle job, but zip on the Everton speculation.

This one is in play it appears...and I think his name will be joined by a couple of others in the next fortnight.

Two snippets of transfer rumours the other day, that we'd enquired about Sarr from Chelsea on loan (20yo cb) and one about Eden hazard on loan from Madrid, likely utter bs but could be a hint about Lampard that and names he dropped st interview as wanting

It’s all about results. 5 year plans work only if the results are there during that period.

It’s why Moyes lasted, Klopp has lasted, Pochettino lasted.

Every single one of the managers sacked post Moyes were rightfully potted because of results irrespective of what they were attempting to build.

If anything results are what allow you to build a plan. Not the other way round.

No one is going to say stick with Potter if he produces Koeman or Benitez results.

Nothing illustrated the modern game better than How many where calling for Arteta to be sacked early season at Arsenal - and a lot of clubs would have, by sticking with him they've got a very good young manager fir possibly the long term now

Last edited:

Its why I'd go for Lampard, think he's just more driven (no pun intended) than Rooney is - there playing careers and personal lives kinda illustrate that.

Lampard made the absolute most out of a playing career where as Rooney rode natural talent entirely (which he eroded with his lifestyle)

Status
Not open for further replies.