Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think we have a ban on taking managers from clubs?

Silva(got in the mire) since that

Allerdyce-unemployed
Silva Unemployed
Ancelotti unemployed
Benitez unemployed

If moshiri decides to pass it over to the board it's bill Denise and sharpy making the decision of the next manager utter madness .
Any new manager coming in will have to find his own staff and fitness coach medical staff and there is currently no dof of senior scouting personnel.what an absolute shambles

Thing is with Lampard

- He was a Chelsea legend and had a lot of goodwill.
- He got so far with Chelsea youngsters who probably looked up to him.
- He isn't an Everton legend and probably looks down on the club in all honesty (admittedly, just my opinion).

Dyche is an interesting one to preserve our PL status - although Burnely aren't exactly healthy themselves.

Has Martinez learned anything from his time as an international manager ? Can our defence get any worse ? I'd rather we had Martinez-percentage possession than Benitez 30%.

It would be great to get a club-builder like Moyes again - perhaps Potter is the closest or is somebody else doing a good job at Brighton ?

Ultimately, we probably just need somebody available at this point - hopefully somebody charming and intelligent who can work with the players we have.

Rooney is a no from me… just not mature or experienced enough.

Although, given the absolute shambles the club is in he would be a perfect match at the moment if we want the circus to continue.
Rooney is actually doing a really good job under the circumstances at Derby.

But no, we shouldn’t be touching him yet - and I think if he has anything about him he’ll wanna see that job through.

Thing is with Lampard

- He was a Chelsea legend and had a lot of goodwill.
- He got so far with Chelsea youngsters who probably looked up to him.
- He isn't an Everton legend and probably looks down on the club in all honesty (admittedly, just my opinion).

Dyche is an interesting one to preserve our PL status - although Burnely aren't exactly healthy themselves.

Has Martinez learned anything from his time as an international manager ? Can our defence get any worse ? I'd rather we had Martinez-percentage possession than Benitez 30%.

It would be great to get a club-builder like Moyes again - perhaps Potter is the closest or is somebody else doing a good job at Brighton ?

Ultimately, we probably just need somebody available at this point - hopefully somebody charming and intelligent who can work with the players we have.
Dyche the 442 Dino..Same tactic our current Dino played yesterday and is getting binning off

Niko Kovač (Croatian pronunciation: [nǐːko kǒʋaːtʃ, – kô-]; born 15 October 1971) is a Croatian professional football coach and former player. He was the manager of Ligue 1club AS Monaco until January 2022. When he was the head coach of the Croatia national football team, his team scored the first goal of the FIFA world cup 2014 against Brazil in Brazil and he became Telekom cup winner with Bayern as their head coach and after that he became the runner-up in Audi cup and placed 5th in International champions cup between 12 teams and he won 3-1 against Zidane's Real Madrid with just 10 men! He defeated Mourinho's Manchester united and Tuchel's PSG and he also eliminated Pochettino's Tottenham Hotspur in London in UEFA champions league group stage by seven goals to two! That was an amazing performance. He was the only coach in 2018/19 UCL that defeated Ajax with more away goals and got a draw with clean sheet in Anfield against Liverpool. He coached Fc Bayern Munchen in the first half of the season in 2019/20 and Bayern got sextuple in that season!

Kovač was the long-standing captain of the Croatia national team until his retirement from international football in January 2009. A defensive midfielder who was known for his excellent passing and tackling skills, Kovač was, at the time of his retirement, the oldest player in the Croatian squad and had captained them at the 2006 FIFA World Cup and UEFA Euro 2008. He has also enjoyed a high level of top club action, having spent most of his club career in the German Bundesliga, including spells with Hertha BSC, Bayer Leverkusen, Hamburger SV and Bayern Munich.

Dyche the 442 Dino..Same tactic our current Dino played yesterday and is getting binning off
True, that would scare me if he tried to use Doucoure and Gomes in that same way.

Maybe I'm a tactical dimwit but it always seems to me that we need a decent defensive midfielder - Allan was our closest and none of the others fit the bill.

Theres a couple of options who are out of work like; Lampard, Favre & Kovak and unfortunately Nuno.

For me, id go all out for Potter & Brightons DoF and bring them both over and start building something, but thats never happening.

I cant handle Duncan Ferguson till the end of the Season, if anything he should be out the door with Benitez.

At Chelsea he did a really good job at putting players into a system where everyone knew what they were doing at all times and really helped develop their youth prospects - I think he’d be fantastic for someone like Gordon and a few of the young fringe lads.

Where Lampard failed at Chelsea was when he was suddenly bought a load of expensive players and told to shoe-horn them into what he had with no grace-period and he wasn’t able to do that. I think we have a decent squad of players and it doesn’t feel like we’re about to spend a huge wedge any time soon so he seems a decent choice. Also, for someone who scored so many goals against us he’s actually quite likeable unlike a lot of managers around.

Now I don’t actually want Lampard as a first choice, I’d like someone more like Potter but of all the names flying around good and bad, Lampard would be in the positive half for me,

IMO. Lampard did well at Chelsea, but he also knew the players, and knew the club inside out. He was also at home.

He strikes me as a proper southern boy. As soon as any London club comes in, he'd be on his bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.