Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kovac or Lampard

I am favouring the latter simply because I think he could sort the squad out with his links to Chelsea we could get us the best of their youth players. With Lampard here we could conceivably get Gallagher, Gilmour and maybe Hudson-Odoi as well.

It doesn't matter if he is a good coach or not as he will be gone in 18 months anyway but the squad would be in much better shape.

Wouldn’t manage over here as he doesn’t speak English

Would be quality watching zidane trying to explain to our players that all they have to do is actually control a football and pass to the other people on the pitch that are wearing the same clothes as they are

Would be quality watching zidane trying to explain to our players that all they have to do is actually control a football and pass to the other people on the pitch that are wearing the same clothes as they are
Carlo couldn’t explain that to them

End of the day we can argue until the cows come home, Moshiri and the board make the choices not us. We can put our thoughts forward but it make absolutely no difference who the next manager will be. Unless Moshiri is on this forum, if you are hello
Its his money after all.

Kovac or Lampard

I am favouring the latter simply because I think he could sort the squad out with his links to Chelsea we could get us the best of their youth players. With Lampard here we could conceivably get Gallagher, Gilmour and maybe Hudson-Odoi as well.

It doesn't matter if he is a good coach or not as he will be gone in 18 months anyway but the squad would be in much better shape.
We're not allowed to loan more than one player from the same club, and no more than two at the same time if it's an English parent club.

Being a good coach matters more than anything, and his record at Derby and Chelsea doesn't really suggest that he is one.

The man lives on his name and reputation as a player, not his record as a coach

I'd appoint the playing staff as rotating managers. So, next week, Michael Keane could pick the team, and then the week after we could have Andre Gomes in charge. Tom Davies could cut the oranges. Let's face it, the players are the ones who really decide the fate of any manager and they have seen off multiple managers now, so they might as well conspire to force themselves out at this stage. It's the only way we can rid ourselves of them.

Not sure Wayne Rooney is actually doing a great job at Derby, without the points deduction they'd be 10th on 35 points some way off Marco Silva's Fulham top on 51 points and would we have Silva back.
I mean he has also had a transfer embargo , lost a lot of his best players and had to rely on aging players to even put a team together. Jagielka at 39 was a key player in his team.

The club couldn't even renew jags contract until the end of the season such is the lack of transfer allowance.

It's far deeper than just a points deduction. The squad is literally made up of kids and extremely senior players , his first choice centre halves last week were 36 and 39.

If he keeps them up then that will be a major achievement as a manager , whether that justifies him for this job or not. Basically achieving the impossible.

Realistically we’ll be getting a manager that’s either free or really cheap to obtain. That leaves who? Lampard, Nuno, Kovac, Favre, Rooney, Ferguson and Fonseca. Might as well try and work out who it’ll be.

We can almost certainly rule out Favre due to his age, and Fonseca because he’s interviewed and not got it before. Bill will probably push for Rooney or Ferguson, or even Martinez if available. Kovac and Lampard are interesting options. Nuno would almost certainly take us down, and hopefully his Mendes connection rules him out like it seemed to last time. Instinct says Rooney won’t be going anywhere this year, it’s likely too soon for him and it’ll look poor leaving Derby in a mess.

That leaves Big Dunc as interim, unless they want to gamble on Kovac or Lampard. Both strike me as project type managers which is far more my bag. I suspect they’ll just give it the big man.

I think most people are conflicted regarding Rooney, ex player and some would have reservations. But lets be honest any manager or player that gets linked "isn`t good enough" for some people on here, someone will have an issue. We could appoint Guardiola and someone would think that`s a bad idea, In hindsight Ancelotti absolutely showed his class in winning games, yes it tailed off but I think he knew he was going.

With Rooney, always a player who worked as hard as any player on the pitch, won more honours than the majority of players and been captain of Utd and England. A player that liked to lead by example.....

What do we want in a manager?

To make the players work hard
Demand the best from everyone
Winning mentality
Be well respected
Give youth a chance
= That to me suggests everything we are seeing from Rooneys Derby side, they are a good watch and they put absolutely everything in for the club/manager.

Rooney with Big Dunc as no.2 to guide him but due to his inexperience would like to see a good DoF to take that side of the job away from him leaving him to focus on the football and the coaching set up....

I`m not nailing my colours to the mast saying we must get him but we need to look at the pros and cons and not dismiss him because he once kissed the Utd badge.....

How many times have we swerved the next big thing? Rooney could be the next great manager from this country but some supporters want to swerve. I know alot of Utd fans and they would take Rooney as manager right now...

Just my take

Status
Not open for further replies.