Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of interest, which PL newcomer coaches have come into a relegation battle and smashed it - was Silva one ? He took them down though, right ?

I find it so weird how they haven't just come out and said Dunc will be in charge for the Villa game while they look at appointing a new perm manager.

Or maybe they'll tell Dunc that on Friday or Saturday morning?

That's almost a week of training gone to waste, then. Might as well write the Villa game off. Of course, there's the off chance the club has been wise and told Dunc already.

This is why the club perhaps would do well to ignore fans.

*Makes notes.

View attachment 152184

Derby County Manager Win Rate

Steve McClaren 44.83%
Gary Rowett 43.33%
Frank Lampard 42.11%
Phillip Cocu 32.31%
Wayne Rooney 27.69%

Voting for him for 3 reasons.

1. Currently odds favourite - a lot of people vote for whoever they think is most likely.
2. BRING A BLOO HOME
3. Blagged by the media narrative he's doing a good job at derby. Good run of form for the last few weeks - that's it.
I bet he has the lowest loss rate too, loads of draws.

Really don’t understand the clamour for Potter
Went to a 4th Division Swedish side.
Got them promoted
And again
And again
Won the main Swedish Cup
Qualified for Europe
Wins against Galatasaray and Arsenal (at the Emirates)
Finished 2nd in their group.

It was a pretty impressive few years. For all those who say the likes of Dunc should go and "earn his stripes" you can't knock what Potter did in Sweden (Yes, farmers league yawn etc). A 4th Division side playing and holding their own in Europa League group stages in less than 8 years is phenomenal - actually phenomenal, not the Martinez phenomenal.

Went on to have a very solid spell with a previously swiftly declining Swansea who then offered to make him one of the top paid managers in the Championship when Brighton came knocking. He's done well enough at Brighton with a net spend of pretty much zero across the last 3 seasons and a track record of improving young players while playing decent football. Compare that with some who believe that not being able to spend means you have to line up defensively and hope for the best.

By all accounts a very intelligent and well educated bloke as well. Not essential qualities but definitely a plus.

You might not want him, I can understand that, but to say you can't understand why others would is at best wilful ignorance.

This is why the club perhaps would do well to ignore fans.

*Makes notes.

View attachment 152184

Derby County Manager Win Rate

Steve McClaren 44.83%
Gary Rowett 43.33%
Frank Lampard 42.11%
Phillip Cocu 32.31%
Wayne Rooney 27.69%

Voting for him for 3 reasons.

1. Currently odds favourite - a lot of people vote for whoever they think is most likely.
2. BRING A BLOO HOME
3. Blagged by the media narrative he's doing a good job at derby. Good run of form for the last few weeks - that's it.

I think it's pretty clear the club are happy to ignore fans. They appointed Benitez as our manager.

Same Manager who got Everton 5th then swanned off to the Brazil WC to commentate for the bbc instead of doing his job.
Same manager who didn’t have a fitness coach.. took over a team with 4 hamstring injuries the season before to getting over 100
Same manager who couldn’t stop us conceding 3/4 goals a game.
The manager who signed Omar Niassie, Alcatraz(spelling) an no matter the performance said we where Phenomenal

Well, we're probably closer to winning the Championship than, say, the FA Cup if that's any consolation...
True. Sadly very very true. As much as we all want to win something of note. To have a team that does what the mid 1980s team managed to achieve. We all want a successful Everton. Someday. Sometime .
As for winning the Championship..That’s. hoping that this present bunch could even manage to beat a few championship level teams. Wouldn't even bet on that right now.
Anyhow...we will be ok. A new manager might hopefully get something out of this team. A bounce. A few wins and points... Getting safe this season did of me. It has to. The cup can wait.
I'm keeping some faith. And praying.
Well, we're probably closer to winning the Championship than, say, the FA Cup if that's any consolation...

Status
Not open for further replies.