Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why the club perhaps would do well to ignore fans.

*Makes notes.

View attachment 152184

Derby County Manager Win Rate

Steve McClaren 44.83%
Gary Rowett 43.33%
Frank Lampard 42.11%
Phillip Cocu 32.31%
Wayne Rooney 27.69%

Voting for him for 3 reasons.

1. Currently odds favourite - a lot of people vote for whoever they think is most likely.
2. BRING A BLOO HOME
3. Blagged by the media narrative he's doing a good job at derby.

I don’t think there’s any argument to choose Lampard over Rooney, I also think a lot of the Rooney sentiment is a “Rooney & Ferguson” sentiment.

The win rate, not acknowledging the situation at Derby is daft, they’re playing out of their skin for him at a bad bad time, he’s also been able to get half a tune out of the likes of Ravel Morrison.

I’m personally at the point where I’m fed up of seeing the players get away with murder, they knew with Rafael that the fans would always be on his back anyway, they took the mick out of Silva and didn’t bother for Koeman, the ‘talent’ is supposedly there, and if that’s what it takes to actually get them playing for Everton then so be it.

From a standing perspective, he’s a massive influence on basically every current player in world football, certainly right up there with Gerrard & Lampard, and for his faults it’s widely known that his footballing intelligence is through the roof.

It’s not a position that I’m thrilled about being in, but all things considered at this very moment it’s not the worst idea in the world, we’re in dire straights and if it’s a couple of fire breathing Evertonians that we need to get through it then so be it.

One thing that’s absolutely inevitable, is that if we lined up with Rooney & Ferguson on the touchline this season, Goodison would be absolutely bouncing.

Same Manager who got Everton 5th then swanned off to the Brazil WC to commentate for the bbc instead of doing his job.
Same manager who didn’t have a fitness coach.. took over a team with 4 hamstring injuries the season before to getting over 100
Same manager who couldn’t stop us conceding 3/4 goals a game.
The manager who signed Omar Niassie, Alcatraz(spelling) an no matter the performance said we where Phenomenal
I just don’t know what the board are thinking. I know they have no brains but honestly even for them taken Martinez back is unbelievable if it happens. Why do they think he is a good choice.

Martinez is a proven failure here, he had 3 years before most of this rotten squad were even at the club
Proven failure - holds the record other ever getting most points in the prem - he had no funds - attracted midfielders like Barry Lukaku on loan -- Tim Howard thread year deal cost him his job as he was well past his best ......I predicted it would as Howard was losing us games.,......a good keeper well past his best ...... should have been moved on .... I don't think Roberto will come back anyway -

Heard big Dunc, & Baines will run the team for an interim period .....?

Proven failure - holds the record other ever getting most points in the prem - he had no funds - attracted midfielders like Barry Lukaku on loan -- Tim Howard thread year deal cost him his job as he was well past his best ......I predicted it would as Howard was losing us games.,......a good keeper well past his best ...... should have been moved on .... I
Yes in his first season then the defence went to pot for two seasons

Meh - more voted in favour of him than anyone else in our polls immediately after Ancelotti left.

It was an utterly senseless appointment, and anyone with a slight bit of common sense could have predicted this outcome. I don't read much into polls online, they mean very little, even though I have started one or two for a bit of fun before.

The fact people thought this could still baffles me, and I do think there is quite a bit of difference in opinion between the generations in our fan base these days. My Dad thought Benitez would be a great choice, but he watches next to no football outside of us anymore. He constantly tried to say it was only because he's a red that we didn't want him, even though he ended up changing his opinion pretty quickly. The younger elements of the fan base are much more unsettled at our current position because we have seen nothing but failure and misery.

I don’t think there’s any argument to choose Lampard over Rooney, I also think a lot of the Rooney sentiment is a “Rooney & Ferguson” sentiment.

The win rate, not acknowledging the situation at Derby is daft, they’re playing out of their skin for him at a bad bad time, he’s also been able to get half a tune out of the likes of Ravel Morrison.

I’m personally at the point where I’m fed up of seeing the players get away with murder, they knew with Rafael that the fans would always be on his back anyway, they took the mick out of Silva and didn’t bother for Koeman, the ‘talent’ is supposedly there, and if that’s what it takes to actually get them playing for Everton then so be it.

From a standing perspective, he’s a massive influence on basically every current player in world football, certainly right up there with Gerrard & Lampard, and for his faults it’s widely known that his footballing intelligence is through the roof.

It’s not a position that I’m thrilled about being in, but all things considered at this very moment it’s not the worst idea in the world, we’re in dire straights and if it’s a couple of fire breathing Evertonians that we need to get through it then so be it.

One thing that’s absolutely inevitable, is that if we lined up with Rooney & Ferguson on the touchline this season, Goodison would be absolutely bouncing.
We have tried the supposed tried and tested and this hasn’t worked. Why not try a young manager. I would like to see Dave Weir brought back to the fold, he was a good captain and could work with as a defensive coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.