Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

After hearing his press conference I think it's pretty clear he has no interest in coming here with the way the club is currently run. Numerous mentions of having a great owner/chairman who let him do what he wants, a DOF who he has a good relationship with and a club that are in a good place both financially and competitively at the minute.

We need a manager to see us through to the summer, where we can *hopefully* get a DOF of football in and a proper manager to work together - however that probably won't happen so long as Moshiri is involved.

If Martinez had gone away and won stuff then maybe I'd consider appointing him. But in fact it's the opposite. International football is a different kettle of fish and he's barely hit par with Belgium.

Reports that the Belgium FA wont release Martinez to manage Everton and the Belgium national team part time! and Martinez has said he wont leave Belgium with the World Cup coming up in December.
We may have dodged a bullet.

some stories emerging of Lampard as a possibility, not sure about him, but would still prefer him over Martinez

Houghton got 40 and 36 points,
Potter 41 and 41 points on he back of what, 150M spend? (could be wrong)

On a run now of 2 wins in 15 so more than likely going to end up in the same 40-45 point zone.... I dont see a huge improvement in three years to be honest, and if he was comlpaining about the brighton fans being too harsh on him he will melt after five minutes at everton,.

Interesting how people want to look at potter. I mean the football under hughton and potter. You couldnt get more of a contrast. They are chalk and cheese managers. Hughton's team parked the bus is almost every single game. Potters team take it to the opposition.
And i suppose its also how you look at things. like you picked out wins. Fair enough. But left out that outside of city chelsea and liverpool, the top 3 by a distance, his team are unbeaten more than anyone else.
I mean call it old fashioned but id say not losing games isnt a bad habit to have.
Dont really get this trend to knock potter. His sides try to play good attacking football. If he gets complimented for that you now get people thinking that they have to jump in and criticise him. Why. He's not arrogant. He doesnt big himself up. Just a good coach who's sides are decent and he's showing potential.

Reports that the Belgium FA wont release Martinez to manage Everton and the Belgium national team part time! and Martinez has said he wont leave Belgium with the World Cup coming up in December.

some stories emerging of Lampard as a possibility, not sure about him, but would still prefer him over Martinez
I’m sure he’ll resign

Just want it to end he can stay will belgium.

There are so many people here wishing the board will go for someone like Kovac or Marsch or anyone not in the Premeir League already. I am one of them. If it really is Bill in charge....hell, even if it's Moshiri, they have no idea what to look for besides "PL EXPERIENCE" no matter how awful that experience may be. Just a shambolic club in how we are run.

Status
Not open for further replies.