Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time we had Martinez, I'm sure we had 2 goalies, 5 defenders, 2 strikers, and 16 central midfielders. Unfit, and can't head the ball at corners. And always nervous when we're 2-0 up and it's the 85th minute

When Martinez took over first time around Moyes left him a good defence, and a solid team, so he could just let them off the leash a bit and play more attacking with the signings he made.

This time he'd be inheriting a shambolic defence and he hasn't got money to spend or a pre-season.

Why would they even want him?
His phenomenal boardroom speeches!

Like to think I’m generally fairly even tempered but everyone has can be pushed too far and atm the club just seem to be run as rich men‘s toy set subject to erratic wims rather than as a professional business.

Obviously will support whoever is appointed, as I did for months with Benitez despite my initial misgivings anout his appointment, but I think some of the hostility is understandable given the frankly bizarre actions of the board.
No I agree mate, it’s beyond a shambles and I'm furious with how we’re being run. I do get it, just think we need to all back the new manager, it can’t be as bad as the one we’ve just had!

I think it will be Rooney. Bill likes him, Moshiri knows him , he would jump at the chance and not be too expensive. And he knows the city.
He needs to be careful at this stage though. He's building an alright reputation under difficult circumstances there. If he takes this job and gets canned after a year that could do his reputation irreparable damage.

If Martinez had gone away and won stuff then maybe I'd consider appointing him. But in fact it's the opposite. International football is a different kettle of fish and he's barely hit par with Belgium.
I really really hope we don't consider a manager that we sacked 5 years ago.
After Nuno, Bob would be my last choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.