Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lampard would be my choice out of the names being bandied about, taking aside his family's previous with usloland he is Mr "Lahndan" too,he is young, looking to enhance his name as a Manager,was a great player so automatically gains respect, but I think in the long term he would look to develop our youth and progress them into the first team, yeah,Derby and Chelsea I know, but he has hardly been an unmitigated disaster so far, oh and he is the only fella so far who I have seen so far to have a proper nark at Herr Gurns over the waylol

Benitez still had two and a half years of his contract remaining at £7m pa so we will owe him about £17.5m plus the payout to his staff.

I’m guessing there is no more transfer budget now.

I think thats possibly true, but his comments were really pointed in my opinion when aslked in the pressure. He very slyly questioned Everton's competence by praising Brightons owner, director chairman etc. Suggestng his competence comes from an overall club stability. I think the message was in the margins Everton by all evidence dont have that.

The facts are no single manager will rectify or paste over the clubs problems. We need a new chairman, football director and Moshiri to learn not to meddle. Without that stufff the attraction of Potter to begin with comes in question.
I think he's being completely genuine. He probably feels Brighton is about the best place for him.

And yet if you put 7m a year in front of him while he's on a contract worth about that over the life of it there will be a decision to make.

I think there is a bit of a misconception in football where players and managers care about the prestige of the club and generally it is just about the money that the "big" clubs pay. You pay close to the same and suddenly they're listening. Carlo is a good example here.

Exactly.

24 hours after Benitez was sacked and we have one game in 3 weeks and all that time to get a manager search done, but some people want to appoint an "interim" RIGHT NOW....mostly so they can use the media buzzword "interim" a lot.
I think Ferguson could take us to the international break and then get Rooney in. Sick of these so called experienced managers, I'm sure we could consult Rooney in the meantime about what type of player's he wants, that's if there's any money left after the Benitez pay off.

You underestimate how difficult it is playing with a 2 in the Premier League.

The pace/intensity and all round physical demands are completely different to playing in Ligue 1.

Galtier can get away with 442 over there but he would need to sign two monster CM's to play it in the PL and have it effective enough to have us around the top 6 spots.
So why did your mate Benitez persist in playing 2 in CM?

As I said before - the secret is how you use your fullbacks - push high and tuck in centrally when required, drop deep into a flat back 4 when needed.

When they’re pushed high alongside your central 2 you can dominate and control possession.

Footballers are sponges - they’re basically thick. So you drill and coach them to play and react exactly how you want. Follow up with a high degree of motivation and physical conditioning and you have a loyal guard dog who should perform exactly as trained. Do this to the other 10 teammates and you have an unstoppable force

Coaching

Benitez still had two and a half years of his contract remaining at £7m pa so we will owe him about £17.5m plus the payout to his staff.

It's mad if he was on that much. The fan base didn't want him and he had no other offers.

That contract should have been stuffed with performance based clauses. Same for our next manager unless they are coming from a position of strength i.e. Potter.

There will be a break clause, and there is no way he was on 7m p/a. They'll have to pay him till the end of the season.

If Martinez comes id be more hyped about him bringing Henry with him, not that Henry has any chops as a coach but at least players might actually be a little inspired to have a genuine world class legend coaching them. I know Carlo was a legend but Henry is younger and more relevant to todays generation of footballers.
I'm latching to any crumb of comfort at the moment.
I suppose that will have to do.

Looks like we're drawing up a shitlist, I mean shortlist, of either failed managers or unproven ones - bloody bilic, NES, Martinez, mourino - hope it's all nonsense, but with kenwright and moshiri doing the choosing again, wouldn't put it past them.

Proper depressing.

There's no way Everton would have contacted the Belgians without knowing Martinez wants the job. They also know he wants it permanantly.

Up to the club now.

That's the reality.

Everton will just buy him out of the contract if he wants the job. He wont be on a fortune there.

I dont know if both parties want it, but if they do, it will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.