Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted Duncan Ferguson.

Give him an interim title, see if the players play for him.

Allow a DOF to come in and make a call on it in the summer.

To be honest, I think it's absolutely ridiculous they didn't name Ferguson as the replacement within the hour of announcing Benitez' departure.

It's not like we're spoilt for choice.
These lot would wrap in for him if they knew he wasn’t going to be permanent, especially ones with only a year or so left on contracts.

Some awful characters in this squad who’ve seen off too many managers now.

These lot would wrap in for him if they knew he wasn’t going to be permanent, especially ones with only a year or so left on contracts.

Some awful characters in this squad who’ve seen off too many managers now.

Thankfully lots coming to the end of their deals now and doubt any will be offered a new one (I hope).

I don't know why people talk about Lampard like he worked miracles Chelsea finished 3rd the season before he took over and 4th the season he was there thats not a bad job but its not anything to get excited about either especially as his record at Derby was similar.
I hear ya, especially with the squad available to him. Thing is he plays a good brand of football, isn't afraid to play youngsters and isn't a dinosaur, 3 good reasons imo. Also seems confident and self-aware enough to question himself at times which is a 'phenomenal' attribute

Personally, I think we're on the precipice regardless of who comes in.

It's a properly high-stakes appointment. We desperately need a restructure, and thanks to FFP and our current position, our margin of error is finer than ever.
No I don’t think we can play with the nightmare of relegation on a high risk punt.

Just grind out the 3/4 wins required now.

Genius people tend to be flawed.
I couldn’t careless what he did so long as he brought good successful football back to EFC.
It’s a fair point though, the last thing the club needs at this point is to have its manager on the front page of the Sunday papers for some misdemeanour or other.

I’d also be a little concerned about discipline at the club if Rooney was in charge. People love to say the current players phone it in as it is, if they’ve got a manager who is and was far from a model pro himself then it’s hard to see that improving. Obviously he can change and grow as others have but it might be a bit soon to take that chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.