Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
After the world cup & after we have consumed another manager or 2 Martinez will be easier to get so Kenwright will get him back. Sad but true. Martinez will be back.

But what is there to understand? We want results like any other club. SAF,Klopp,Mourinho,Wenger never understood their respective clubs when they joined, it is nothing more than a hinderance and a tie to days gone by. We need to be moving forward, young progressive managers
This is more important imo but perhaps we get both ties and progressive with Rooney ?

Has anyone seen this telegraph piece? As it has a paywall. Who are the other 2 managers. And has John Percy got anything to do with the piece. Because he’s very clued up. I noticed he retweeted the post by Sam Wallace
Telegraph Sport understands that Derby County manager Rooney as well as Lampard are under strong consideration by the Everton owner Farhad Moshiri and Bill Kenwright, the club’s chairman and former majority owner who is taking a key role in the recruitment process to replace Rafael Benitez.

Rooney, who began his career at Everton as a teenage prodigy aged 16 and returned for a second spell 13 years later after first leaving in 2004, has a contract until the end of next season at embattled Derby. They are labouring under a 21-point Football League deduction and face potential liquidation in two weeks’ time.

Rooney would require some official agreement for him to be formally interviewed by the Everton board - it is not clear whether that would be the current chief executive or the administrators trying to sell the club. He left Everton in 2018 after a second spell as a player there, departing to play Major League Soccer in the United States.

Over recent months, the 36 year-old has been impressive in galvanising Derby into an improbable fightback from what seemed like inevitable relegation from the Championship. He has been manager there for just 12 months.

Lampard, also formerly a Derby manager, has been out of the game since his sacking by Chelsea one year ago. He is understood to be a very serious contender among the Everton board. There are understood to be two further candidates under consideration.

I don't want Martinez at all, but he is being treated a bit harsh imo.

He has done a good job since leaving us, dont get why some say his time with Belgium as failure, stinks of re-writting to fit an agenda.

He got that NT to the Number 1 ranked team, thats a fact, and to then say "well he hasn't won anythig with them", Jesus H.....well how many NT do win stuff ??!! Its almost a closed shop to less than 4/5 nations who actually win International trophies.

The Belgium NT has some good players, but people talk like they have 20 top draw players all at World Class level, thats just not true.

I don't want him back, but the stick he is getting is poor.
Yeah I don't really get people slating him for not winning anything with Belgium. It's international football, a Euro's and a World Cup every two years with one loss in the knockouts and you're out.

Don't want him back tho, despite his first season here being comfortably the best we've been in my lifetime.

Agreed.

Rooney's time may well come but it really doesn't feel like that time is now. Besides, we need him to loan that Derby CM (Knight?) to us.

Kovac seems the best available option to me (assuming Potter is being honest in saying he isn't interested), considering our need to move rapidly in order to avert disaster.
Kovac becoming recently available feels like an opportunity we may Everton up, like not getting Tuchel when he expressed interest

Don't those odds simply suggest that few people are betting on him, and the stakes being risked are low?

Why would the bookies have anyminside knowledge here?
Possibly correct but the odds on offer are usually a good guide in my opinion. There is an old saying that 'You never see a bookmaker riding a bike'

Wouldn't mind Lampard. I'm certainly not opposed anyway. In fact, I would really trust him to sort our central midfield out, given that was his position as a player. He knows what it takes. Well, he should do in theory.

Watch him bring back Barkley and not trust our youth (or even Chelsea's) now just to spite me.

Well I've been very in favour of Lampard taking over this time. Still have no doubts in my mind that he is a good manager with potential to be a great manager.

Just like I wanted Arteta to take over from Silva the time before. You can't turn down Ancelotti, but I do think we'd be in a far stronger position right now if we had gone for him before Arsenal did.

Yeah I don't really get people slating him for not winning anything with Belgium. It's international football, a Euro's and a World Cup every two years with one loss in the knockouts and you're out.

Don't want him back tho, despite his first season here being comfortably the best we've been in my lifetime.

Ye agreed, that first season was brilliant, and I even enjoyed all of our away Euro trips, Young Boys, Wolfsburg was class.

Just dont want to go back to him, we need to move on and try something new.

I don't want Martinez at all, but he is being treated a bit harsh imo.

He has done a good job since leaving us, dont get why some say his time with Belgium as failure, stinks of re-writting to fit an agenda.

He got that NT to the Number 1 ranked team, thats a fact, and to then say "well he hasn't won anythig with them", Jesus H.....well how many NT do win stuff ??!! Its almost a closed shop to less than 4/5 nations who actually win International trophies.

The Belgium NT has some good players, but people talk like they have 20 top draw players all at World Class level, thats just not true.

I don't want him back, but the stick he is getting is poor.
I kind of feel the opposite to be honest, it feels like there’s a lot of rose tinted nostalgia with people rewriting history on how his time here went. People talk about the last 5 years being awful but Martinez took over a team that hadn’t finished lower than 8th for 7 years and took them to 11th and was sacked with them in 13th with 1 game to play.

I’ve seen people say ‘it went wrong at the end’ but it went wrong way, way before that. At this stage of his 2nd season he only had 2 points more than we’ve got now. We actually got worse for a while after that and only 28 points from 28 games.

If he’d gone to another club and shown that he’d learnt and improved then I wouldn’t be against it because he’s still young and he seems a decent bloke but it’s very hard to tell if he’s improved in the job he’s got because it’s so different.

Status
Not open for further replies.