Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No to Nuno and Bobby brown shoe's, after that I don't really care. Kovac would probably be my choice but I would hate to pass up on WR and see him go on to be an absolute superstar somewhere else, it really would be the ultimate Everton that moment

I read a post earlier dismissing kovac because he sounds like a tennis player …. People are not wholly reasonable and reasoned with their objections, they see a name and immediately dismiss it for no other reason than they don’t want that person.
Well thats just stupid and you have to ignore that type of post I'm talking about the proper discussions. Its right that people have reservations about someones lack of experience or previous failures and that will obviously be argued over there isn't an option who everybody is going to love and be desperate for so its arguing over the merits of who is in the frame but as long as its not another Benitez type appointment (Martinez) people will back them.

Excuse me how do you know Lampard couldn't handle the pressure, played unrest ? You seem awfully confident for someone I assume, same as me, doesn't know him personally. Chelsea,, a serial Champions league competitor, regularly challenging for the title, seems a much more higher pressure job than us mid table dwellers. Having said that we are hovering near the bottom, but there are in my humble opinion much worse teams than ours, we have been terribly managed this season and have been battered by injuries to key players.

The Chelsea players literally downtools because of his spat with Rudiger, they all took Rudigers side.

Everton is one of the most pressured job in British football. A club stacked with unrest and pressure to win trophies.

He had the leeway of every fan backing him, will he get that here? He’s not an Everton legend.

Just can’t see the fans getting behind Lampard. This is an absolutely massive turnaround job and the second he loses a few games the fans will want him gone for being Chelsea through and through.

Rooney is probably the only one of the lot who would keep any sort of fan loyalty if there was even the slightest down turn. Which in itself is a said indictment on the fan base as he basically had us off for the best part of his career.
Having had our dignity well and truly ran through the mud by Benitez and the possibility of Martinez, I think many fans would be open to a younger progressive manager with a point to prove. Lampard is no mug and if he can get rid of the chancers in the squad we could have a good chance at building something.

If he comes in, he needs FULL backing. We have been fractured for the last 6 months. I want the fanbase together again.

No to Nuno and Bobby brown shoe's, after that I don't really care. Kovac would probably be my choice but I would hate to pass up on WR and see him go on to be an absolute superstar somewhere else, it really would be the ultimate Everton that moment
If Rooney came here and had any success, Utd would ask if he would be interested and he would drop us, again, the second they ask.

Just can’t see the fans getting behind Lampard. This is an absolutely massive turnaround job and the second he loses a few games the fans will want him gone for being Chelsea through and through.

Rooney is probably the only one of the lot who would keep any sort of fan loyalty if there was even the slightest down turn. Which in itself is a said indictment on the fan base as he basically had us off for the best part of his career.

It’s a ‘massive turnaround job’ because we were at least 6 weeks late getting rid of Benitez.

We are in the exact mess the Benitez fans were consistently warned about..

Exactly

And that's our only chance in our current position. I don't understand how people haven't realised this yet.

To me if they go for Rooney or Lampard they have to get in a DoF / Sporting Director at the same time.

There is so much absolute trash that needs sorting out in the club it can't be all put on young inexperienced manager in the position we're in. And equally it can't be left up to the board because they're a joke.

More experienced like Kovac or Farve would probably be alright until the summer because they'll know people they could bring with him / be able to handle a lot of the trash.

If they go for Lampard I'd honestly say he needs to bring Emma Hayes with his as his assistant too.

I know it's stupid but I wrote an email to DBB. Or at least whoever is reading that email.

ceo@emails.evertonfc.com

They'll never know unless they know. And I wasn't even advocating for anyone particularly, just that they need to broaden their fn viewpoint and look outside the PL for a manager because they've failed with every single appointment with that criteria.

The last manager we had who hadn't previously been in the PL at some point, was Moyes. That turned out okay. Since then, its been these 'PL-proven' safe-bets and everytime they've underachieved. Lord knows how they became like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.