Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nuno Santo might work if we can get the guy sober.

Nuno.jpg

Yeah I’m sure Graeme Sharp knows all about Kovac.
This is a weird attitude to be honest.

Now I’ll start by saying I in no way think Sharp should have been appointed to the board.

But half the people on here know who Kovac is. Not unreasonable that a former professional footballer who has remained in and around the game for the following 30yrs would know who the fella is.

Their playing careers even overlapped by 6 or 7yrs.

I do not know what's next for us. I think season after season we should just look at mid-table challenge while rebuilding. The owner has to appoint someone who
(1) See the project long term (have a proper vision and philosophy. Not vague vision like "Europe in 5 years" but proper footballing vision)
(2) Have the fans' backing and patience
(3) Have the board's backing and patience

The key is patience but I think the next manager should be someone who is "approved" by everyone. Example is Arteta at Arsenal, the fans got behind him despite poor results and poor start. I think the fans would've endure Carlo; had we have some poor results too.
Sounds great, but you only have to sit/stand inside Goodison during a game or spend 10 minutes on here to know that's not going to happen! Ancelotti was possibly as close as we'll ever get to that level of approval!

Status
Not open for further replies.