Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to be Rooney.

I don't mean that's my choice, but I think all the signs are pointing that way.

• Bill loves the return of a prodigal son
  • Moshiri loves a Hollywood name
  • Dunc loves him, and vice-versa
  • He's the anti-Benitez candidate. He'd seem a corrective appointment as the polar opposite of an old, ex-Kopite.
  • He's currently doing well at Derby in difficult circumstances
  • Derby will let him go on the cheap or even free
Exactly what i thought from the off. Duncan has only looked happy under Anchelotti. With Rooney it will be all guns blazing again. And if both Rooney and Duncan are up there on the list for the job why not pair them. I really think they complement each other well with Duncan having worked with a lot of managers and Rooney being the Hollywood name who might convince a few players to join us. I dont think Ferguson will manage that as he is lesser known outside the UK.

Don't be naïve enough to think that Lampard had any input on incoming transfers at Chelsea. He was given players.
He did Chelsea a favour by blooding Mount (and Tomori & Abraham to get them sold), but he didn't assemble a squad.

If anything he turned a collection of world class players into a mid-table outlet.
He had a transfer ban to deal with and brought through the homegrown talent intelligently. Tuchel capitalised on that.

i like potter too

also open to WR, Alex Ferguson wasn't a tactical genius, a lot of his management style was getting good players and shooting rockets up their arsez, think WM would just replicate what he learned by a long spell under him. Think it comes down to intensity and fight with him, plus he had attacking vision as a player but I dont think hes the type to study the game like RM and Potter (the Pep G model)

I wouldn't mind a little bit of grit as our competitive edge

tough one
That's a cracking point.

Learned under a master. That's a big advantage he has over any other mentioned.

That’s my exact feeling on everything mentioned so far. Strong no to those four, wouldn’t mind Lampard or Rooney, think Rooney would hit the ground running a bit more because of the buzz around the place.
Given the rumours it would seem that it is going to be one of those unless something comes out of left field. Same conclusion from me I guess. Have reservations given the lack of experience for both Lampard or Rooney but Lampard probably shades it on that but then Rooney would give the place a lift I suppose. Either or will do given the overall choice

…..ooooh, I always have a stronger view on who I don’t want than do want & I don’t want Ferguson, Mourinho, NES or Martinez.

I’d be ok with Rooney or Lampard. I think Lampard is the safer longer-term appointment but Rooney is more likely to give us the immediate bounce we need.
I don't care what goes on behind the scenes, I'm a football fan who wants to watch my team do well, I want someone who concentrates on the football side only, it's up to the board to run the rest of it. Rooney and Lampard both know their football and that's all that matters to me, either one would do for me.

Emery, but he wouldn't come half way through season if at all so out of the list, Kovac or Lampard, Rooney needs more time to get experience

Watching the lampard questions with Neville again, hes's asked:

Penalty in the last minute of a game...cant choose yourself who do you choose:

He answered: Shearer, emphatic.

Cant argue with that, David Unsworth special.

He had a transfer ban to deal with and brought through the homegrown talent intelligently. Tuchel capitalised on that.
What, Alonso was home grown talent? Rudiger? The guys Lamps put on the bench and then put the CL cup in under Tuchel? Come on. Lamps was clueless. Maybe one day hell become a good manager but at Chelsea he was the proverbial rabit caught in the headlights.

Reactions: Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.