Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bugs me how the media include caretaker managers when saying how many we've had since Moyes. Carragher loves saying we've had 10, the bell. We've had 6, and Allardyce was always going to be just a half season temporary measure. Also Ancelotti left so wasn't sacked. So that's 5 sacked since Moyes, and actually its 5 sacked since 2002, which is probably above par in the league.

We need a baldy

Pep, Zidane , Conte (hairpiece) , Tuchel (balding) - all elite, all have hair issues
1642608527905.png

Whoever comes in I don’t want them to be dragged into a situation where if things go badly wrong we cling on to them for too long like we have with Benitez.

Having said that I’m not sure anyone who comes in can be as bad as that.
One of the benefits of hiring a Lampard or Rooney would be the smaller salary and possible shorter contract length, so easier to move on if/when the worst happens. Compared to the mega bucks and minimum 3years a more established manager like Martinez or Mourinho would demand.

Narrative is blame the fans but 1 in 13 is atrocious and it wasn't getting better.
Some of our fans walked into that narrative though with their invective-fuelled attacks on Benitez before he was even unveiled. They never gave him a chance. They will claim they were right, but they certainly didn't contribute constructively with their bedsheet attacks on his neighbours' property. However, no manger can survive the run of results Senor Benitez oversaw. So, while many of us can rail against the narrative, the narrative WAS true for a minority of our fans who have, effectively, embarrassed the rest of us with their shrill, abusive behaviour.

Not much activity on the managerial speculation front.
I read this as Usmanov flexing his muscles after Kenwright's ludicrous PR manupulation since Sunday. The longer we take to hire a new manager, the more likely it is that the yacht can be moored off Sardinia to welcome the next decorated heavyweight manager to sip from the poisoned chalice.

Status
Not open for further replies.