Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know his job as a coach is to do what the manager tells him, yeah?
I think this gets missed quite a lot.

Not saying Ferguson is the answer by any means but I do feel like as a coach you just do what the manager tells you to and so performances don’t really reflect your own ability or ideas.

Personally I wouldn’t give him the job for 2 reasons, 1 because he doesn’t have the experience and 2 because it would break my heart a bit for him to fail, but I don’t see much point in putting any stock in our performance while he’s been coaching because to a large extent it’s out of his hands.

This is something I need an answer to

Give it Dunc to the end of the season…. What happens if he loses the next 4 games? Then what. Sack him from a temp job… Everyone who say give it Dunc seems to think he going to win every game but what if the Stuff hits the fan.. then what
What are our expectations now for the rest of the season?

Pretty much staying up. So says most.

I think he'd achieve that with ease. In effect, after the next 4 games regardless of results we'd be in the same position i.e. fighting relegation.

In both scenarios, I'd prefer Duncan leading the team.

With such low expectations it's a good time for someone like Duncan to get the chance. Actually, they've got little to lose. Get a few wins, a big result against sky 6, stay up. Happy. Thanks we'll keep looking or maybe we see potential. Things go tits up and we just survive. Thanks we'll keep looking.

Either way. We as a club stay together.

Cheers mate. What to say? I'd love it to be true, I really would, and I'm open-minded (about everything ?).

I've heard that sometimes unattributed anonymous reports on clickbait websites might not be true, but if it is, poor Dunc better hope he gets the job permanently or he'll look a bit of a mug. (Don't tell him I said that!)

Maybe the fact it doesn't mention a source is because it came from the big man himself? If he gets the job and brings Carsley in, I'll start to believe it. Although at that point I'll stop believing in other things like hope and reason.

What are our expectations now for the rest of the season?

Pretty much staying up. So says most.

I think he'd achieve that with ease. In effect, after the next 4 games regardless of results we'd be in the same position i.e. fighting relegation.

In both scenarios, I'd prefer Duncan leading the team.

With such low expectations it's a good time for someone like Duncan to get the chance. Actually, they've got little to lose. Get a few wins, a big result against sky 6, stay up. Happy. Thanks we'll keep looking or maybe we see potential. Things go tits up and we just survive. Thanks we'll keep looking.

Either way. We as a club stay together.
Surely there's a lot to lose if we get relegated? I'm not saying Dunc definitely does that but we're not in a devil-may-care, nothing-on-the-line situation where we can afford to take chances. We're really not.

I can't imagine everyone on here staying together if we're at risk of relegation with 5-6 games to go. It's a bear pit if we're playing a bit crap in one game against a good side.

Surely there's a lot to lose if we get relegated? I'm not saying Dunc definitely does that but we're not in a devil-may-care, nothing-on-the-line situation where we can afford to take chances. We're really not.

I can't imagine everyone on here staying together if we're at risk of relegation with 5-6 games to go. It's a bear pit if we're playing a bit crap in one game against a good side.
We got 19 games left, we could easily go down

Reactions: Ian
I think they’ll go a game at a time. If Dunc gets 3 or 4 wins fairly quickly then they may well want to see what he’s like until the end of the season. I think it’s a free hit for Dunc.. lose a couple and he’ll be replaced by a permanent manager. If he were to win a couple and then get replaced he may well gain a reputation as the best manager we had but never used!.. he’s actually in a very strong position.

Status
Not open for further replies.