Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he’s give us the bounce needed this season to stay up. Then I think he’d have the clout to take a hatchet to this squad with Moshiri and the fans backing. The other candidates for me are so risky. Lampard and Rooney are completely unproven and Martinez is a proven failure. There’s a real chance those three wouldn’t get anything out of the squad this season.
Anybody would have the clout to take a hatchet to the squad and be backed by the fans even Benitez would have been applauded for getting rid of 95% of them but of course being Benitez he decided to take the hatchet to one of the 5% instead. Mourinho would be the worst appointment we could make at the moment so no surprises that you like him considering your support for the last joker we had.

Top 10 is hardly a "massive failure" for a club who's entire stature is built on being a London club.

Even under the glory years of Poch they won sod all.

So your idea of success would be top 10 but having Mourinho as manager so you can make cringey banners about how our manager is dead boss and has won loads? And you have the cheek to berate other fans about lacking ambition?

I think he’s give us the bounce needed this season to stay up. Then I think he’d have the clout to take a hatchet to this squad with Moshiri and the fans backing. The other candidates for me are so risky. Lampard and Rooney are completely unproven and Martinez is a proven failure. There’s a real chance those three wouldn’t get anything out of the squad this season.

No he would not have the fans backing at all. He plays a worse and more out of date brand of football than Benitez and Ancelotti, our fans would not put up with that. We don’t care what he won 20 years ago.

I think he's a terrible choice for the reasons I've set out. We don't need an older manager with an extremely short term approach. I can't think of anything worse.

So your idea of success would be top 10 but having Mourinho as manager so you can make cringey banners about how our manager is dead boss and has won loads? And you have the cheek to berate other fans about lacking ambition?

Who said anything about success? I was responding to a poster claiming top 10 and a cup final with Spurs was a "massive failure" which is nonsense.

Kane/Son aside they are an above average squad these days that without a world class manager like Conte would be duking it out for 6th/7th/8th/9th in the table.

To spin what he did at his short time at Spurs as a massive failure is hilarious.

For me personally Mourinho did a good job at Utd and a steady job at Spurs.

But the fut hipsters try spin it as if he did horrendous there which isn't true.

We must be getting good clicks for the Daily Mail. Yet another article

1642688545912.png

Obviously we are going to be linked with just about anyone that has ever stepped foot on a football pitch, but latest report I saw was that we have interviewed Cannavaro. Really?

Track record of working in China, Dubai and Saudi Arabia. Sacked from two of those jobs. Zero knowledge of the EPL.

A sure-fire contender then?
Surely this isn't true. Not another reject from Chinese football... though at least the FSW had some successful pedigree. Christ knows who's recommending them to Moshiri but even if it's direct from agents, someone from his entourage needs to tell him to swerve these iceberg suggestions...if anyone's got the guts to, like.

Who said anything about success? I was responding to a poster claiming top 10 and a cup final with Spurs was a "massive failure" which is nonsense.

Kane/Son aside they are an above average squad these days that without a world class manager like Conte would be duking it out for 6th/7th/8th/9th in the table.

To spin what he did at his short time at Spurs as a massive failure is hilarious.

But the fut hipsters try spin it as if he did horrendous there which isn't true.

Obviously it was a failure because they sacked him.

Not true though is it. Since 09/10, they have finished in the top 6 every season, apart from mourinhos time there, and in the seasons before Mourinho they finished 3rd, 2nd, 3rd and 4th. He then was in charge for 6th and 7th place finishes. Their lowest position since 08/09.

So they are worse off after he has been there.

Status
Not open for further replies.