Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Cannavaro crazier than Ferguson who hasn’t managed anything. Picking a team for a few weeks is not managing a football club.

Not advocating for him at all but he’s managed several clubs to trophies, albeit in the UAE and China.

It’s not crazier than Lampard or Rooney either.

It’s a crazy industry.

Out if Interest.. who do u think would be available in the summer that isn’t now?

I think you start at ground zero in the summer assuming we survive, with another year of the contracts in the managerial market.

Inevitably you have turnover in that time, take your pick really, there will be 100s of names in turnover, or more available as contracts progress and clubs perhaps more open to accepting comp than they are half way during the season.

In short, it’s a much better market then right now.

Right now your poaching or looking for someone out of work, so the market is contracted. Clubs don’t want to loose good managers half way through the season, hence we’re looking at the likes of Rooneys and out of work managers have failed somewhere else hence out of work, Lampard - it’s poor fare. We also have t8me in the summer to put a responsive plan in place, rather then grabbing at straws like we seem to be at the moment.

All bets off I’d go hard for Potter in the summer, I want someone who can build if left alone for three years and has an eye for a player, who can set up to get results in this league and work toward a progressive outcome incrementally. If we need the bring the DOF there to so be it. I want stability, if that means root and branch - all the better. I want incremental progress, year on year, I don’t want hit and hopes shooting for the stars Hollywood bs - trying to over compensate and luck out for CL place.

Last edited:
Apologies ….I was thinking more along the lines of both being (a) on the downward trajectory of their careers and (b) both are wrecking balls in terms of club harmony

Get what you mean mate although you could argue having a wrecking ball is what the club needs right now.

Having a cuddly manager who the players loved (Silva) didn't work out well for us!

I think you start at ground zero assuming we survive, with another year of the contracts in the managerial market.

Inevitably you have turnover in that time, take your pick really, there will be 100s of names in turnover, or more available as contracts progress and open club perhaps more open to accepting comps than half way during the season.

In short, it’s a much better market then right now.

Right now your poaching or looking for someone out of work, so the market is contracted. Clubs don’t wantyo loose good managers half way through the season, hence we’re looking at 5he likes of Rooneys and out of work managers have failed somewhere else hence out of work, Lampard - it’s poor fare.
I think we had a ban on getting in work managers after the whole Silva thing. Every manager since has been free agent. Both Fabio and Lampard are both free and Rooney in the list because he Rooney

Mourinho will piss of DCL or Richy, and get himself sacked within the month and walk away with 30 million…appointing Mourinho is a complete and utter waste of time

Appointing any manager is a waste of time outside of the elite few.

This jobs a poisoned chalice between chairman, board, squad of players and fanbase combined.

Whoever gets it will be sacked within 18 months anyway at least Mourinho is a good cup manager and could fluke us a pot between now and then.

Appointing any manager is a waste of time outside of the elite few.

This jobs a poisoned chalice between chairman, board, squad of players and fanbase combined.

Whoever gets it will be sacked within 18 months anyway at least Mourinho is a good cup manager and could fluke us a pot between now and then.
Mourinho a busted flush mate, he done, did nothing with Spurs

I think we had a ban on getting in work managers after the whole Silva thing. Every manager since has been free agent. Both Fabio and Lampard are both free and Rooney in the list because he Rooney

Cant really remember didn’t we end up paying Watford through the nose for Silva and they dropped their complaint?

I don’t want Rooney, i think he’d be blessed to be part of our coaching structure, never mind be our manager. It’s bananas.

Status
Not open for further replies.