Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be honest, I dont understand it either.

I get the principle behind it, but the responses often seem way over the top.

Yes he doesnt fit into an ideal structure that would be put in. The reality is, the owner is not going to put that structure in.

The best manager we have had has been Ancelotti, who again was very similar to the above. I don't think Ancelotti was in his absolute prime, but honestly he was light years ahead of Silva, Koeman and other such pretenders. I'd say Mourinho as quite similar.

People complain Ancelotti had us 10th on 59 points. Or Mourinho is 7th in Italy with Roma. Under Benitez, Koeman and Silva we have been in the bottom 5. That's the difference.

I dont know if he would come, but I can see why there would be an attraction from Moshiri.
Exactly, mourinho wont come to a mid table side, he will want to come to a club who wants to do well and finish in top 6 - 8 at least

If he got the boot I imagine Moshiri will be all over him tbh.

….I know he’s your first choice with Dyche 2nd, but we really need to move away from the likes of Mourinho. Surely the lesson has been learned from the disaster that was Benitez.

i remember Ray Wilkins saying Mourinho wants proven players over potential. i think we now have to take a chance on a manager with potential. Young & progressive over old & spent.

He's been to a world cup and a euros. They had more chance of winning those earlier tournaments than this world cup.

I think the offer from EFC was short term and he was up for it to put himself in the shop window again in the PL. But if the deal changed to permanent he'd leave Belgium in a shot.

That's certainly a valid interpretation.

I just see it differently. I think we sounded him out, he said "on a short term basis" to allow him to manage the world cup. Belgium said no.

I cant see much sense in the club only wanting him for a short period of time. As you know, he does a lot of his work over a period of time, hes not just an Allardyce shock jock type.

You look at what hes doing more broadly for Belgium football, and I do think he would make an excellent DOF.

….I know he’s your first choice with Dyche 2nd, but we really need to move away from the likes of Mourinho. Surely the lesson has been learned from the disaster that was Benitez.

i remember Ray Wilkins saying Mourinho wants proven players over potential. i think we now have to take a chance on progressive over spent.

Mourinho
Kovac
Frankel

In that order for me

That's certainly a valid interpretation.

I just see it differently. I think we sounded him out, he said "on a short term basis" to allow him to manage the world cup. Belgium said no.

I cant see much sense in the club only wanting him for a short period of time. As you know, he does a lot of his work over a period of time, hes not just an Allardyce shock jock type.

You look at what hes doing more broadly for Belgium football, and I do think he would make an excellent DOF.
Good shout.

Maybe he interviews for the DoF role here?

…..I recall you posting you wanted Dyche?

Regardless, you were a continued supporter of the disaster that was Benitez, I‘d be concerned if we appoint anybody you’d want.

Do you live your life holding grudges against everyone you dont agree with on something?

Bit weird how you and others cant get over any poster who dared back the previous Everton manager.

Some on here support Bill Kenwright
Some on here liked Martinez & Silva who were no better than Benitez.

Who's really arsed its football not life and death. Very strange.

He's washed out now, he failed at UTD and failed at Spurs, no idea why you would want him, as Carlo & Benitez have taught us, a glowing CV is worth nothing when it comes to Everton

Rather Lampard at least he'll wanting to prove he can cut it in the Prem and don't think he was given fair time to prove it at Chelsea considering the amount of players he brought in his second season which Tuchel then took to win a Champions league

He's washed out now, he failed at UTD and failed at Spurs, no idea why you would want him, as Carlo & Benitez have taught us, a glowing CV is worth nothing when it comes to Everton

Rather Lampard at least he'll wanting to prove he can cut it in the Prem and don't think he was given fair time to prove it at Chelsea considering the amount of players he brought in his second season which Tuchel then took to win a Champions league

I don't rate Frankel but I would have him over Dunc, Rooney, Martinez certainly.

Status
Not open for further replies.