Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooney is "100% committed to Derby County and there's been no approach from EFC" - Derby fan group who held a meeting with the club's administrators.
Strange that he’s not been officially approached, well at least…
until next week when Derby can no longer pay him.

I will probably get torn to shreds for this but would anyone else be interested in Postecoglou from Celtic? Has rebuild teams, has a style and has won where he has been (albeit leagues of less quality).
@Bob Elstone care to elaborate on that reaction?

This is a club that hired Martinez after he relegated Wigan. A club that hired Silva after his awesome record. And a club who are considering Frank Lampard and Canavarro. Postecoglou has more credentials than either of those two imo.

Lampard did OK at Derby and set the foundations of todays Chelsea to a degree. Rooney is working apparent miracles at Derby but difficult to access given the unusual circumstances. Cannavaro has been working in leagues in Saudi, or wherever, and China for many years. If he was showing any potential surely given his fame due to playing career he would have been snapped up by a more fashionable club? I would give more credit to Lampard and Rooney over Cannavaro
None of them seem qualified to me. I'm very worried about our next managerial appointment.

Again, this is where context is important

If you only judged managers on results rather than the context in which results were achieved, Klopp would never have got the Dortmund job having been relegated with Mainz, Conte wouldn't have got such good jobs having been relegated with Arezzo. Wenger got relegated with Nancy.

Coaches have to cut their teeth somewhere. Sometimes defeat is unavoidable, but understanding whether they've done a good job despite those defeats is the skill.

Some good points...

Pochettino was hired by Southampton after having a run of 9pts from 13 games at Espanyol. But the style and processes he put in place were being praised at the time.

I wonder if Cannavaro has come from Tim Cahill who we have apparently considered hiring.

Some good points...

Pochettino was hired by Southampton after having a run of 9pts from 13 games at Espanyol. But the style and processes he put in place were being praised at the time.

I wonder if Cannavaro has come from Tim Cahill who we have apparently considered hiring.
I suspect Cannavaro has closer links to Joorabchian than Cahill.

Do you live your life holding grudges against everyone you dont agree with on something?

Bit weird how you and others cant get over any poster who dared back the previous Everton manager.

Some on here support Bill Kenwright
Some on here liked Martinez & Silva who were no better than Benitez.

Who's really arsed its football not life and death. Very strange.
Wasn't that you backed him. Was that you were a total arse in the way you went about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.