Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Benitez had to go, we all could see that.

My worry was exactly what were seeing now with moshiri, kenwright and the Everton board doing their usual small time, half arsed managerial searches.

Does anyone trust them to do it right and get it right, cos I just don't.

It will be exactly the same crapshow as when Carlo left, and look who they chose then!

Marcello Gallardo would be a risk but it could pay very big rewards. If you hope to one day see Everton play fast, precise and exciting football then watch video on Youtube called River Plate Tiki Taka 2014 -2019 (sorry, don't know how to attach link). Don't be put off by the title and think it is passing the ball backwards and forwards but going nowhere as we saw under Martinez. This is Tiki Taka with a purpose to move up the pitch and get the ball in the opposition box. Its a great watch. He's a risk as it is a very different league to the Premier but to see such rapid movement of the ball through the lines yet under control can only come from a great coach. We can but dream.

17 points after 19 games in seasons 1997-98 and 2005-06. Benitez after 19 games 19 points so there were 2 other starts even more awful.
Yep. You are spot on. But we still managed to stay in the top division. Benetiz would have seen up relegated. Wouldn't have liked to see where Beneti z would have had us after another 19 games. But I'm not going to quibble about a few points either way. Benetiz was awful. A just awful appointment from the off.
What if Benetiz had lost game 20. Then game 21. Then game 22. And 23. And so on. How would his record have looked then? All conjecture I know. But where was our next win coming from?

And I did state that previous managers were also awful. but this stint from Benetiz just for me seems worse.
The fact that he couldn't bring himself to turn things around. He could have . But he just didn't seem to try. What was that 5 at the back in one match all about. With Coleman playing at LB. That was awful. A school boy with some football knowledge could have sorted that mistake out.

We are not blessed with many top top players. But anyone could have replaced Rondon. Benetiz didnt. And why persist with a two man midfield. And Coleman. We now have two others for that position. And Keane.

Walker...Smith and Moyes had bad runs of forn. Two got booted out. And rightly so. Moyes managed to turn around his terrible start to one season. I still think that Benetiz would have turned nothing around.
All conjecture I know. But we will no doubt be better off without Benetiz.
How could we be any worse.

None of those names in the poll fill me with confidence and someone like Ferguson and Mourinho could be worse. Going back to Martinez.... Will wait to see who is appointed and how the team play under the new manager before assessing at the end of the season.

Benitez had to go, we all could see that.

My worry was exactly what were seeing now with moshiri, kenwright and the Everton board doing their usual small time, half arsed managerial searches.

Does anyone trust them to do it right and get it right, cos I just don't.

It will be exactly the same crapshow as when Carlo left, and look who they chose then!
Of all the problems, being small tome in the managerial searches isn’t one of them. We have had big names. None are the right fit though, tbh I don’t even know how to describe the culture of the club these days so finding the right fit is impossible.

Nuno please, wanted him in the summer, Wolves he done brilliant as he did at Valencia, can organise a defence, our squad suits 3 at the back & is big on fitness as in double training sessions

Disheartening to hear that Graham Potter has ruled out ever joining us and has intimated that he will only ever leave Brighton for a “big club”.

We have won the league more times than Man City and we get the same sort of gates as Chelsea, despite the fact that ten thousand seats at Goodison are behind a post. Surely we’re bigger than Brighton.

Status
Not open for further replies.