Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much noise around brown shoes for that not to be ongoing, which is absolutley, gutwrenchingly depressing, and reeks of kenwright.

Theres no problem letting Ferguson and baines take interim charge, and take villa, the cup game and even more fixtures while the board do a proper search, with a number of candidate interviews so they can decide in the best option.

Sake, it's how any recruitment process should be in any professional organisation or business.

Sadly, it seems old boys pen has pulled out his little blue book and got all sentimental with his preferred candidates.

It's so short sighted and incompetent when there's a whole world of football coaches and managers to choose from.

In fact, it isn't short sighted, it's complete blindness.

Just pray they do the process justice FFS, and speak to as many people as possible, including kovac, amorim, potter, Gaultier etc - were paying stupidly well, so we need to stop thinking we can't get one of these types of manager.
There's a two-week break after the Villa game. That's when a decision has to be made.

This should all have happened months ago when Benitez should have been sacked.

Another thing considering we sack managers so often the fact they don't keep list of potentials for if and when an appointment doesn't work out is more negligence. Organised clubs are organised every time it's a scramble when we fire a manager, other clubs often appear to know who they want.
We typically know who we want. It's usually Ferguson or Rooney or Phil fn Neville or Martinez. Or some other crap "flavour of the month" manager that Kia has told Moshiri about.

Will somebody be asking how much we have spent on redundancy pay off since 2016 when the chance arises, I'm sure someone on here is keeping a spreadsheet going.

There will be a book one day about how one club managed to spend a billion and go backwards, hopefully the same fate awaits Newcastle.

Unpopular opinion here, but I really have doubts about Kovac's quality.

I watch a lot of Bundesliga and Ligue 1 and his sides have never impressed me at all. Now, I'm not claiming to be a know-it-all here, football is a game of opinions and I am just sharing mine. But from what I've seen (based on the eye and not stats), his teams don't play good football on the whole and don't press (a key component of the modern game). He also is an extremely divisive figure and seems to cause consternation wherever he goes.

I know on face value his win% etc looks good, but these were massively padded by his time at Bayern. I haven't seen as much of his sides as I have of other coaches (Galtier for example) but I really don't get the fuss. I have asked others who watch a lot more European footy than I do and they all seemed to agree.

Now, I know he might still be the best of a frankly awful list of candidates, but I am surprised to see so many people lauding him on here. He might turn out to be great, but from what I've seen, I have my doubts ?

Also seen a few articles about player unrest at Bayern and Monaco. A few Monaco players claimed his tactics were confusing. As good as he has done in certain places there also seems to be some negatives there.

I think we could have really got Potter last summer. Now? Was that a little dig at Everton today with his comment when asked about Everton and his response saying Brighton being one of the best run clubs in the country with a great chairman? I doubt it as he doesnt come across as the type. But he's an intelligent fella and must be thinking ive a good job here. Go to Everton. 6 managers in 6 years or whatever it is. Nah. I'll stay here.
I was cringing last night watching motd2. We were being called a shambles on national tv. And i couldnt even argue with it.
Don't think it was a dig. He doesn't seem snide enough for that. But it's a fair observation. Brighton seem well run, whereas we are a complete basket case.

Also seen a few articles about player unrest at Bayern and Monaco. A few Monaco players claimed his tactics were confusing. As good as he has done in certain places there also seems to be some negatives there.
Yep. I think there is a dearth of good managers at the moment.

I like Potter, Galtier and Amorim (even though I don't normally like Portuguese managers). But they ain't coming here. Favre could stabilise us imo.

It could be too big a job for him at this time, but if we are aiming to start over and try and build a young, hungry team that plays good football, I am drawn to Steve Cooper at Forest. Think if we wanted him, we could get him relatively easily.

I know he won't be winning any beauty contests, but I reckon he will end up establishing himself as a very good PL manager and we'll all be asking ourselves why we didn't get him before whatever club he ends up at.

I think its also partly us to blame- due to fan pressure we've forced the club to have basically a new manager every year for the last 8 years- madness, no wonder the club is a shambles. We need some patience, even if we get a long run of losses, it cant be more damaging than this constant change of manager and his staff every year. On that issue we also need to start looking at who are the staff who are not changing- which coacing and club staff have been here over the last 10 years- do they take any blame for this? Are they the right people for the job ?

Whoever we appoint as manager, im pretty sure (will bet money on it if possible) that they will be fired within 15 months.

Burnley have 2 games in hand on us too

Next 6 games though. Can’t see them picking many points up, especially as they have just lost Wood.

Attachments

• 097AC6A0-6A47-4312-9B6C-9B3F7872B364.jpeg
    097AC6A0-6A47-4312-9B6C-9B3F7872B364.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 47

Status
Not open for further replies.