Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you calling people "melts" for having an opinion that is different to yours? Are you that sensitive that you are unable to process alternative viewpoints without resorting to insults? I say opinion, I just gave you facts. So there really is no point getting irate at the messenger.

Re Newcastle, yes he took them down, they were out of the relegation zone if they won their comparable games. He flopped and was overtaken by Sam Allardyce. So he took them down.

If he's level above Bruce, why did Bruce finish in exactly the same position? And also not take them down? That's not hyperbolic, it's just pointing out the reality of the situation.

So no, spouting uninformed opinions, and getting angry when someone takes the time to educate you a bit doesn't help, and just makes you look a bit foolish mate. Try and have a debate without doing that eh?

Watch out, he might call you a melt.

Levels above Steve Bruce got me, when they finished in exactly the same position at Newcastle.
Its quite clear I'm on about their entire careers not just their work at Newcastle United, based on your logic Roberto Martinez is a better manager than Carlo Ancelotti.

So it's Benitezs fault if Everton go down this season despite being sacked in January but he's also to blame for Newcastle despite being appointed in march of that year? You can't have it both ways.

Who ever comes in has to play 3 in midfield. We have to act asap.

Duncan showed he’s no where near the required standard to be a premier league manager. He clearly hasn’t been watching our games. Poor set up, poor team selection. I was very disappointed I felt we’d have had a bounce.

In China he took over a team who had just been promoted to the top league. They were essentially the worst team in the league. His remit was to keep them up, which he did twice. He was and still is overseeing their academy. He was made an ambassador of the club when he left.

Someone take this donkey out back and put it out of its misery.

2 champions league finals and an FA Cup win in 3 seasons at Liverpool, constant top 4 finishes and a 2nd place finish, taking Fergusons greatest ever Utd side to the wire.

He didn't do what was expected at Valencia, that's pure fallacy. Their 1st league title in 30 years. He then won it again 2 seasons later as well as A European trophy.

He didn't finish 4th with Chelsea, he finished 3rd, they also won the Europa League, with fans on his back, it was job done. They didn't play [Poor language removed] football either, they played expansive attacking football.

Ok lets go through it. They fluked a CL and won an FA Cup. He was there for 6 years not 3. In at least 2 of those he finished below an Everton team that were skint, and left them in a situation where they were threatened with relegation the season after he left. He spent more money than anyone apart from newly acquired Chelsea, to not win a league. United, with far less resources, won the league multiple times.

At Valencia, he took over a side that got to the CL final. They were an exceptional team. He did well there, but they were a top European team before he arrived.

He didn't play expansive football at Chelsea. Ask any Chelsea fan who watched them game in game out. It was dry, boring football. They finished miles off the pace in the league.

Legend78 its like youve never been away

2 champions league finals and an FA Cup win in 3 seasons at Liverpool, constant top 4 finishes and a 2nd place finish, taking Fergusons greatest ever Utd side to the wire.

He didn't do what was expected at Valencia, that's pure fallacy. Their 1st league title in 30 years. He then won it again 2 seasons later as well as A European trophy.

He didn't finish 4th with Chelsea, he finished 3rd, they also won the Europa League, with fans on his back, it was job done. They didn't play [Poor language removed] football either, they played expansive attacking football.

I can’t wait for him to get a job with one of those top European clubs that are after him, as hopefully it’ll be the day you leave this forum.

Why are you calling people "melts" for having an opinion that is different to yours? Are you that sensitive that you are unable to process alternative viewpoints without resorting to insults? I say opinion, I just gave you facts. So there really is no point getting irate at the messenger.

Re Newcastle, yes he took them down, they were out of the relegation zone if they won their comparable games. He flopped and was overtaken by Sam Allardyce. So he took them down.

If he's level above Bruce, why did Bruce finish in exactly the same position? And also not take them down? That's not hyperbolic, it's just pointing out the reality of the situation.

So no, spouting uninformed opinions, and getting angry when someone takes the time to educate you a bit doesn't help, and just makes you look a bit foolish mate. Try and have a debate without doing that eh?

Why hasn't anyone even approached Bruce since he left Newcastle? Considering he's on the same level as Rafael.

Its quite clear I'm on about their entire careers not just their work at Newcastle United, based on your logic Roberto Martinez is a better manager than Carlo Ancelotti.

So it's Benitezs fault if Everton go down this season despite being sacked in January but he's also to blame for Newcastle despite being appointed in march of that year? You can't have it both ways.

Ok. Well you used the context of what he did at Newcastle. Which Steve Bruce emulated. So it wasn't some wonderful job. He spent 200m on mostly dross and didnt really improve them.

Benitez has left a huge mess here, compared to what Mclaren left at Newcastle. He would have to shoulder a lot of the blame if we went down for his ineptitude.

As for Martinez better than Ancelotti, I don't understand that logic. Ancelotti has a better win %, and took over a side in the bottom 3. Martinez took over a side that had finished in the top 6 pretty much every season for the years before.

I think people may draw that conclusion, as you seem a bit dim and get very aggressive when someone gives you some factual information. This sums up 99% of Liverpool fans.

You may not be though. I suppose how you react in these situations will be quite demonstrative.

Tbf @catcherintherye called it on day one re Benitez.

Think it's rude to be calling him when he was spot on.

Proved me wrong fair play.

In China he took over a team who had just been promoted to the top league. They were essentially the worst team in the league. His remit was to keep them up, which he did twice. He was and still is overseeing their academy. He was made an ambassador of the club when he left.
So you’re essentially saying Mr World Class had the chance to make them not the worst team in the league with his World Class tactical abilities and couldn’t do that? Colour me shocked

Status
Not open for further replies.