Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Need a ball carrying midfielder asap or at least one that can retain possession.

Yesterday was just needing someone to put his foot on the ball, calm things down. Move it. Done the leg work winning the ball back.

Get slated...but Harry Winks on loan would've done a trick.
I honestly thought Gomes was at least doing that. He can't defend but I don't know why Dunc didn't take Townsend off at HT and put Allan in the middle.

Could still have brought Gordon on after that for Gomes once we'd got a grip in midfield.

Didn't Pellegrini go to China
Yes after dipping in form at City following a League and League Cup double in his first season, the only club who took a chance after China was West Ham, where he had a 38.98% win percentage and had them sitting 4th bottom when he was sacked. At the moment he’s got Betis top 4 in La Liga but he’s being helped by the fact Barca have been a car crash and Atletico have had a few wobbles

We're in a bit of a state at the minute. I don't think any of the blokes mentioned have it in them to help us escape the drop.

Is Sam the man (again)? Would he even bother coming back to kick this shower into some kind of order?
Don't even go there.
Moshiri probably trawls this site to compile his interview list.

Was a little bit ale house from Dunc yesterday, sorry to say. It was promising to see Coleman and Keane dropped, showed that unlike Benitez he hasn't been watching our matches with his eyes closed, but Patterson nowhere to be seen and Gordon dropped was very disappointing to see. We were just playing on pure effort and adrenaline yesterday which seemed to really affect the composure of the players in important moments.

4-4-2 was also a bizarre formation to play when we clearly need to be more competitive in midfield, it's one of the main reasons why we can't get stated in matches as we aren't able to have any early possession. Not to mention that once again we concede from a set piece, which is by far the biggest issue we have.

There are far too many games of the season remaining to try and get out of our predicament just through extra effort. We need to implement a way of playing as we are incredibly toothless and we have to fix our defensive concentration from set pieces. They are what are truly killing us and if we keep conceding them then we are absolutely going down.

L
Can’t wait till this bellend is long gone and the infiltration of proper knobhead posters dies down with him.
Just get any manager in ASAP so we can stop talking about him!

Never met a group of hardcore fans who idolise a manager so much. You’d kind of half accept if he was pep guardiola or even klopp…but Rafael Benitez…feels like a bit of Stockholm syndrome going on. He has bewitched them with his seductive Spanish ways.

I see Cannavaro came under heavy criticism in China for his tactics and in game management, something which was a massive issue with Benitez. Really not keen on Fabio tbh.

where the discourse about potential inevitably flawed managerial candidates all im seeing is drivel about a loser has been

Of the folks available I would prefer Kovac, purely based on what his stats are. At a push Lampard but he would be way down the list, there has to be other more suitable candidates out there.

Would really like to know the names that have been put forward by managers agents to the club, see who fancies a challenge.

Got to get someone installed urgently this week with the only objective for this season being to steady the ship and keep us in the premier league. I think it is too much of an ask for Ferguson or Rooney and i am not convinced any foreign managers would be suitable for this type of short term emergency. Lampard may be the best chance now at this point in time with an initial objective of keeping us in the league and then a chance to rebuild the squad in summer for the future if he succeeds.

Staying in the league is all that matters now because we are in total freefall and heading for absolute disaster.
There's no evidence at all that Lampard would improve this team.

Of the folks available I would prefer Kovac, purely based on what his stats are. At a push Lampard but he would be way down the list, there has to be other more suitable candidates out there.

Would really like to know the names that have been put forward by managers agents to the club, see who fancies a challenge.

Kovac would be my choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.