Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
not having Rooney turned us down either.. c’mon, only a couple of weeks ago he was giving it the ‘if Everton come calling how could I say no’ routine.. Derby will likely be liquidated in month.. but yeah ok Wayne

not having Rooney turned us down either.. c’mon, only a couple of weeks ago he was giving it the ‘if Everton come calling how could I say no’ routine.. Derby will likely be liquidated in month.. but yeah ok Wayne

Mate i'm shocked Lampard still wants it. Wayne may be smarter than I thought by saying no to it, it's a poisoned chalice and we're being run like a circus.

I'd imagine the club were gonna give him 6 month deal until the summer and he thought sack that. No matter how he finishes the season with Derby, he'll have suitors lining him up.

1643382574229.png

I think it's time for Duncan to move on. We need a fresh start right through. I worry about his input if his 442 tactics are anything to go by. 442 needs 2 extremely good midfielders otherwise we just get overrun every game.

When Dunc played 442 was ok, the game was more direct, since pitches became like carpets, teams knock it about on the floor and so you need to match the CM or you get played around.

Not sure why everyone's heads falling off coz Duncan is there. Also, the Ornstein story seems very plausible......even sensible.
Last round of talks.
Duncan knows the squad the best. Rightly or wrongly, he'll have a view on where needs strengthening, as will the other candidates (hopefully..... Cough cough, hope Frank's done his homework this time).
So, on the positive side, it actually shows some joined up thinking preventing any differing opinions over targets in the limited time we have left. Furthermore, it would suggest that incomings could/should be expected.
I can't for one moment, imagine they're inviting Duncan to London to sack him. Ludicrous.
More likely, due to the above and / or to see if the others could work with him. A degree of continuity is needed in this roller coaster. Whether he survives (or wants to) longer term is different.
The only way Duncan now stays as Manager (interim), is if the others don't accept the short-term contracts.
My take anyway.

Mate i'm shocked Lampard still wants it. Wayne may be smarter than I thought by saying no to it, it's a poisoned chalice and we're being run like a circus.

I'd imagine the club were gonna give him 6 month deal until the summer and he thought sack that. No matter how he finishes the season with Derby, he'll have suitors lining him up.
All these guys have super ego’s and will think they can turn us around. Huge new stadium, under achieving team.. a few wins and your a messiah.. it’s really not the worst job to get.. at worst you get sacked and are paid out with Millions.. Rooney would have taken it if offered, 100%

It didnt take long before someone put the knife in Rooney eh. Maybe, for once, we can agree that our club isnt the rose smelling project, with this latest one after another prospect becoming unavailable?

This is on Moshiri, not on Rooney.

Hopefully someone on the board is planning to send the customary Friday 4.59pm email to let the successful candidate know they've got the job and to be at Finch Farm Monday morning at 9am sharp

Fair play to Rooney for turning us down . He's showing real loyalty to a club that has continued to [Poor language removed] him over .
Maybe next time , I'm sure he will be ready in the inevitable 6 months .

Status
Not open for further replies.