Who's on your shirt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BornBlue76

Player Valuation: £35m
Almost every year going back it was easy for me to know exactly who I was going to put on the back of my shirt. I know not everyone likes to put a name on their shirt, but everyone has that one player that they just love, want on the team sheet every week and are proud to have in the club.
For me I got my first shirt with a very young Rooney on the back - I had to put that in storage very quickly. Then Arteta was on the shirt whenever I could get my hands on a new one, until he left the club.

It would have been Barkley since then if I could have managed it. But its been getting harder and harder to make the call. Not only do you want the player to be your favourite, you would generally like him to identify with the club and not on the verge of jumping ship. (especially, like me, if you live overseas and cant get a shirt every year)

Maybe one of the up an comers but they have far from solidified their positions and not exactly pulling up trees this pre season - Holgate apart maybe.

So even if its not going on the shirt who is this player right now for you?

My issue is who would we (or your kids) have now? No-one feels right to me... truth is I would put Besic if I knew Marco felt the same way I do!

I bought a plain t shirt with a small everton crest on the front last season as I dont really like anything too obvious, I prefer subtle. When I got it home, I noticed that the back has a massive Rooney 10 on it. I now only wear it around the house

Johnson, yakubu, Pienaar, fellaini, baines..stopped when I heard it wasnt cool to be an adult and wear a footy shirt going to the match.

All of these players were strongly associated with the club in their day and made sense even if they didnt work out as we hoped in every case. I cant think of a first team regular with the same Everton identity at the moment (yes I know Baines is still here but most likely benched this year).

only ever got one name and number on a shirt and that was donovan cos it was a free print, i meant to get it signed by him but the queue was massive so i swerved it

Status
Not open for further replies.