Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think (& hope) there's a totally out of the Blue option rather than the ones that have threw their hats in the ring up to now.
Just like Moshiri did and FSG plus the owners of Villa.
Could it be Manoukian and his Global investors ?

Having said that wouldn't totally be against Friedkin or Textor. At the very least they know their way around football clubs and have made a relative success of them.

I think theres also an other view to take here...

...the 12-24months view which is where we look at who is best to come in and quickly flip the club to a far superior name to those mentioned.

The initial buyers would need to have sports/financial backgrounds and the only ones that fit this would be MSP, Textor and Friedkin.

Of the three only MSP appear to want to take a majority share quickly.

So ive voted for them.

I'll put my h'apporth in : I haven't the foggiest idea who I want to take over. Fine words butter no parsnips, so I'm extremely sceptical of anyone who says something like :

Sleeping Giant
I 'get' Everton
Everton deserve success, and we'll bring it
We have a plan (without detailing said plan)
Sean Dyche is a world class manager whom we will fully support

I think Bell & Dowling are a very big threat to this football club.

The fake news about Dell leaked to the media and the desire to get exclusivity talks before other parties jump in with offers is all unsavoury.

The amount of luvvys on social media stating they want owners who "love" the club. Haven't they learnt from the last time we had an Evertonian owner who needed loans from outside billionaires to afford to own the club ?

Bell & Dowling may be better than BK, but thats like saying a 14 year old boxer will fare better at the mens olympics than a 9 year old boxer would. Neither will ultimately cut the mustard at the level they would be competing at.

The PL has evolved past the stage of having local millionaire businessmen as owners. You're competing with gulf states with geopolitical influence, multi billionaires who own corporations & franchise owners with connections across the sporting world & links to other football clubs.

Bell & Dowling represent for many a comfort blanket in the current situation of instability. They like any other buyer however will be out to make money they're not looking to buy EFC for the love of the club. They already supposedly have loaned the club money with high interest repayments. One of them used to back BK as owner and one is a supposed Tory donor.

They are not the knight in shining armour that many of our fans seem to think they are.

Appreciate everyone is entitled to their views on them, I personally think they're a step backwards and have tried getting the club at a cheap price via administration in which a few of their supporters on social media platforms have tried to promote.
I'm presuming you are a financial expert with indepth knowledge of their business workings?

Sean Dyche is a world class manager
16965570c97da1a69f93d86ee31ad685.gif

So many runners & riders allegedly set up to buy us now - What the hell was Moshiri doing giving a dodgy firm like 777 total exclusivity - that compounded by dodgy past loans along with Billy Bull crapper - very so nearly got us relegated with point deductions etc -

We could not even attract players on loans etc -

Moshiri need to now select the correct buyer in the interest of the club, & not himself in a quick arrangement, as the 9 months he wasted was unforgivable IMO.He should have sold last August .... Arsenal had a lucky escape when he & his partner tried to purchase them, IMO

100%, while some sentimentality is useful in that the owners will be motivated from time to time to help the club, what we really want is someone who is just reallly good at business and hires people who are. The only way to compete with the sly 6 now, due to the rules, is to increase revenue. Any owner who truly wants to(and knows how to) make money and build a brand will increase our revenue by large margins, allowing us to build a better squad. That in turn raises the brand and increases their value. A well run business means a better team and thats what we need most right now.

Also, to some who doubt it, there IS a difference between an owner without money and one with money. If a new owner can wipe out our debt, and increase sponsorships by 10m a season he can immediately increase our bottom line by 30-40m. Any interest payments is money we can spend towards the squad. Does an owner need to have 4 billion? No. But they need to have more than the cost of just buying out the equity.
Essentially you need a good management team in the pitch and one off it as they both feed each others success

There are way more questions than answers right now on every bid. Lots of questions being asked of Bell & Downing in particular in here.

To add a little balance MSP with their supposed multi-club acumen are often only a minority investor with limited Board influence (eg Augsburg, where Blitzer one of the Crystal Palace group, is the lead guy).

None of their invested clubs (Brondby, Augsburg, Estoril, Beveren and Alcorcon) are pulling up trees, with only Brondby contending domestically and both Beveren (league 2) and Alcorcon (just relegated back to league 3) being minnows.

They are not activist investor-managers bringing huge football insight and analytics. Nor does money flow into the teams they acquire. They need to bring one or more big US investors in alongside them (and I do not mean dodgy Kenny King and the struggling ACap) to look like a decent longer term option IMO.

You like Bell & Dowling because you're told to like them by many of the prominent voices on Everton social media. No one has asked any questions of them.

Now ask yourself the question, if Bell & Dowling become owners, do you think the likes of Esk, Paul Brown, Toffee Tv etc. who bat for them wont be rewarded in some capacity via ITK transfer scoops, positions at the club etc. providing they "toe the party line" as it were ?

The likes of Prentice, Sharp, certain writers at the echo benefitted from a relationship with BK when he was owner. I see a similiar situation here, Bell has already been seen liking tweets from Bobble etc. so he is aware of who is prominent in the EFC social media community.

He who controls the media, controls the narrative.

The pen is more mighty than the sword.
Yeah that was Working wonders with 777 wasn't it.

They failed, media didn't fail them.

I'll put my h'apporth in : I haven't the foggiest idea who I want to take over. Fine words butter no parsnips, so I'm extremely sceptical of anyone who says something like :

Sleeping Giant
I 'get' Everton
Everton deserve success, and we'll bring it
We have a plan (without detailing said plan)
Sean Dyche is a world class manager whom we will fully support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back