Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Roma are gatecrashing the Big 3 of Inter, Juventus and Milan again there's no way TFG wouldn't be looking to prioritise spending on them. That's just natural.

IMO we're more likely to be used as a cash cow to fund a tilt at Serie A and Europe for their 'flagship' club-company.

This has the potential to get very nasty and messy.

But you're assuming these new billionaires have to pick one or the other, likely because you're so used to shopping in Morrison's and only being allowed one expensive treat per shop.

But they had. It really wasn’t hard to find articles online, Josmiar alone had an entire portfolio on them.

If they were that bad the FCA wouldn't have approved them Mike. A lot of difference between suspicion and evidence, as soon as their creditors started coming out then the gig was up.

If the PL had have waved them through in October I honestly believe that would have saved them (in the short term), as they would have had the massive assest to borrow against to pay off the ones that were secured with false assests or already had loans for. Of course that doesn't mean we would have been okay, they would have probably tried leveraging again until it popped and we became collateral damage.

You guys need to try and understand cause and effect. He WAS the right person (well we all know it wasn't him as such), but at the wrong the time. He and his business partner were people who would throw massive money at the situation, which is what we always wanted. We wouldn't have failed PSR as the naming rights to the stadium would have kicked in and in turn allowed us not to be forced into player sales.

When that could no longer happen, that loss, along with the rest of the sponsorship we already had with USM put us on this dire path. The biggest mistake was made at this point when he thought someone like Benitez could help arrest that slide by running on a budget, this might have not occurred had we still been able to spend.
We might not have failed PSR without the Russian sanctions but Moshiri had proven to be totally clueless for years before that he was a terrible owner for a football club he made rash decisions and didn't do anything at all to change the way the club was run we were still the same as under Kenwright only with more money.

He's been chronic

He denied what happened 14 January 2023 and claimed people "misunderstood"

He also laughably claimed the stadium financing "was to a plan"

That's fantasy. They messed up big time and had to go to pay day lenders. That's not a plan.

I'd sack him. Day 1. Just after David Prentice and Richard Kenyon who are first out the door. Plus others on my list in my little black book.

I look forward to new ownership relieving them of their positions

The best football club CEO in the world wouldn't be able to operate well in the circumstances we have faced in the last two years with Moshiri overseeing things. This is it very harsh to judge him on that. What's he supposed to say?

But you're assuming these new billionaires have to pick one or the other, likely because you're so used to shopping in Morrison's and only being allowed one expensive treat per shop.
They're established at a top Serie A club. It'll take some spending to get us competitive in the PL.

The best football club CEO in the world wouldn't be able to operate well in the circumstances we have faced in the last two years with Moshiri overseeing things. This is it very harsh to judge him on that. What's he supposed to say?

Apologised for 14 January 2023 and not claimed people "misunderstood" it

Firstly.

Then he made it worse by saying the stadium financing was to "a plan" from several years before.

If that was their plan, indeed. Then he deserves sacking by the new owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back