Whose partial to A Faty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiler

Player Valuation: £100m
According to Sky Sports we were in for this French Under 21 International midfeilder!

French midfielder Ricardo Faty claims he was offered a trial at Everton before he joined Nantes on loan.

Faty has left Italian giants Roma to sign for Ligue 2 table-toppers Nantes on loan, with a view to a permanent deal.

He had spent the first half of the season at Bayer Leverkusen and claims Everton recently showed an interest.

But the 21-year-old revealed his lack of match fitness prompted Toffees manager David Moyes to invite him for a trial before committing to any offer.

"In England, Everton were very interested in taking me," Faty told football365.fr.

Risk

"Like Leverkusen they watched me in the Under 21 Toulon Festival. But as they did not see me playing in the last six months, they wanted to see if I had kept the rhythm.

"And they proposed me a 15-day trial, like they are used to doing there.

"But I did not want to take this risk as it could not have ended in a contract.

"I also had clubs that wanted me in Germany, but I didn't want to stay there. In Italy, Atalanta Bergamo wanted me but I wasn't interested in moving to a small club.

"Udinese and Sampdoria were interesting, but they have plenty of midfielders, so I am not sure I would have played.

"Nantes is the best choice for me. I will prove myself, it is going to be perfect."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11671_3075691,00.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricardo_Faty

Last edited:
I think this is another example of Everton operating WAAAAYYYY under the radar again. Also highlights that the press really haven't got a clue, because this is obviously news to them as well!

I think it could just possibly be the lad trying to big himself up and get media attention. "He rejects such an up and coming team, then hey he must be something special surely..."

He is not what I'd say we needed anyway based on what I've read about him.

Now that Arseshavings chap...

He´s actually quite a good player, and i wouldn´t had said no to him. Definitely a lot of talent in that guy. Not for our starting 11 at the moment, but definitely in a few years. Hey, we loaned Manelelé and he´s only 21 as well. Talented but not finished goods yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back