Why is it always a big No to Moyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton and Moyes should have parted ways as soon as we lost in the semi final to Liverpool.

Every remembers the good times, but never remembers the bad times. I’ll always be grateful for his work at turning us round… but we stagnated, and it should have came to an amicable ending.

What separates a good manager from a great manager. Is their ability to turn the screw and be successful. In his 11 years here, he made one final and bottled a lot, which will always be his legacy.

11 years, no wins away at a bigger side.

He saved Kenwright and he knows it, and subsequently I just think he got complacent.

Won’t forget the classless manner in which he acted post Everton either and the knowledge that he’d probably do it again, given the chance.

We need someone similar to Moyes, but with more cutting edge and hunger to win.
If we stagnated under Moyes, what the f&@“ have we been doing since !

Frankly if we were bringing back a manager I would rather it be Bobby Brown Shoes or even Hi-Ho Silva. I dont think dour Davey ever took us anywhere other than upper mid table mediocrity. He hit his ceiling. He does realise that to draw/win in the prem you do have to have some big units who can put it about a bit, which Benitez seems to fail to grasp.

Moyes or Benitez working with this squad right now injuries included ?
I think it would be the same apprehensive negative football you can't polish a turd
Moyes would just be change for change sake

Funnily enough we’ve since got beat by Millwall and by Liverpool’s under 18’s, and by QPR.. Moyes wasn’t the only one to lose cup games.

My point is Moyes took us as far as he could.

We've had countless opportunities to get upgrades and opted against it, from Rangnick, to Tuchel etc... we've just got it wrong, so wrong.

Moyes repeatedly lost the biggest cup games, which was my point. Whether that's the worst Liverpool team in 45 years, and trying to bring on Hibbert at 1-1 on 89 minutes, or Wigan where we'd have had a Championship side at Wembley to contend with.

Am I saying we're in a better place? No. Am I saying Moyes will never be the answer? Yes.

Funny how somehow people on here talk about him as if we let him go. "Wasn't playing progressive enough football", "took us as far as he could" etc.

The only reason we shouldn't go back to Moyes is that he doesn't have ginger hair any more, so now we've got to care

I’ve typed all the stats into my super computer and it tells me that Moyes team was better than the sorry bunch we have now by a mile.
thats not the point though,
you claim moyes is a better manager than the one we have now,
which your super computer might not agree with if it counts trophies won!

A trually wonderful manager.

Was and is ond of the best in the league. If the PL hadn’t happened and the sport didn’t become about finance and we were playing in the old first Div days, I think we would have won the league under him, likely more then once. He’s moved in now, only sentiment would bring him back, doing an incredible job at WHU.
Agree, a chara barring HK1, Moyes was the best manager for US in 50yrs.

Agree, a chara barring HK1, Moyes was the best manager for US in 50yrs.

Exactly the kind of manager we need right now a chara. Leave him alone for three years and let him build away. Sadly I think he’s moved on and he’s on to, too much of a good thing in his WHU development to entice him here.

He made the club 10s if not 100s millions in his investments alone, before you look at being in Europe - how we took that for granted and how easy we thought it would be once we got a few Bob.

Last edited:
...the quality of character, the resoluteness, the determination, the ambition that our team of brave, brave lionhearts possess, kind of makes the manager redundant. Our brave lionhearts will perform like they do, regardless of any manager.

My point is Moyes took us as far as he could.

We've had countless opportunities to get upgrades and opted against it, from Rangnick, to Tuchel etc... we've just got it wrong, so wrong.

Moyes repeatedly lost the biggest cup games, which was my point. Whether that's the worst Liverpool team in 45 years, and trying to bring on Hibbert at 1-1 on 89 minutes, or Wigan where we'd have had a Championship side at Wembley to contend with.

Am I saying we're in a better place? No. Am I saying Moyes will never be the answer? Yes.
Yes he did without a pot to p&£@ in.

Yes he did without a pot to p&£@ in.

And still bottled every semi, the final and every big game.

Money is irrelevant. He assembled a squad capable of winning trophies. But he didn’t have the confidence to go and actually finish the job.

The Semi Final against Liverpool is still one of my most angering Everton moments. If he doesn’t go ultra negative against Fiorentina away, we have a great path to the final.

How much money he had was irrelevant when he’d already assembled the tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.