• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Wigan, Tranmere or Blackburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

steele

Player Valuation: £8m
Hi guys.
Which ground to attend if I gonna taste some good old fashioned atmosphere? Must choose amongst Wigan, Tranmere or Blackburn. This will be a bonus after attending both Liverpool and Everton matches the same week.

Cheers!

I found Wigan as a city to be more friendlier towards footy fans than Blackburn,. For atmosphere it was non consistent at both grounds. Tranmere is another ground added to my groundhopping list, but not much else. Been to Rochdale a few months ago (not sure if that's an option?) and found it to be quite vocal.

I'd say Burnley probably have a better atmosphere than those 3 if it's deffo footy you're after, and it's a bit of a 1 team town in that you don't see shirts of other clubs there. In the area you are looking at there's also Bolton-cack, Preston, Blackpool but none of the teams are doing particularly well so unless it's a 'big' game it'll be rubbish.

When are you talking about i.e. Dates ?

I'd say Burnley probably have a better atmosphere than those 3 if it's deffo footy you're after, and it's a bit of a 1 team town in that you don't see shirts of other clubs there. In the area you are looking at there's also Bolton-cack, Preston, Blackpool but none of the teams are doing particularly well so unless it's a 'big' game it'll be rubbish.

When are you talking about i.e. Dates ?
Is there any easy way to get from Liverpool to Burnley by public transport?

I was half tempted to go the Tranmere Swansea game at the weekend, but didnt waste my money. Out of the three you list i would go to Blackburn, very old club, plenty of history, won the Premiership more times than Liverpool!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back