Wildlife in your Garden

First hummingbird visitor that I'm able to take a picture of. They really love zinnias so I should see more ?

View attachment 135327

When you see them feeding like this pay close attention to their tail feathers. They are constantly adjusting in order to keep their heads still. Even if it's a bit windy they can hover in place. Fascinating creatures.

When you see them feeding like this pay close attention to their tail feathers. They are constantly adjusting in order to keep their heads still. Even if it's a bit windy they can hover in place. Fascinating creatures.
I will definitely pay attention next time. Sometimes they visit when I'm in the jacuzzi and don't notice me there so it is the perfect time to analyze their behavior. They are indeed fascinating creatures, like many others that reside in this planet. My awe towards the wonders of nature never stops. It is fascinating planet and how animals like hummingbirds have evolved to perform they way they do it is just simply magnificent and we are fortunate to witness it.

I swear our resident ones come and hover at eye level glaring at me to get me to refill their feeders if I happen to forget!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back