Transfer Rumour Wilifred Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the opposite side, they will have targets both playing and financial they will have to meet. Us holding the tension and unsettling their player, may allow other to go in for their playing targets, create uncertainty around their budget, unsettle their squad and undermine their start to the season.

They're clearly willing to gamble and get the max they can. Fair play, I'd hope we'd do the same.

But there comes a point where you move on.

Just looking at his stats, nothing screams £25+ million player to me. Paying for potential possibly. Raw. Clearly stubborn and possibly poorly advised. Harrison deal far more astute though comes with less euphemisms 😁

They're clearly willing to gamble and get the max they can. Fair play, I'd hope we'd do the same.

But there comes a point where you move on.

There is a walking away point for sure and i think we are rapidly approaching the tipping point were we move on. I think we have met his value and we will pay a bit extra to extract him -we're in that territory but id say close to the limit to walking away and we should.

If you are both Leeds and Everton you have to take the emotion out of this. If im Leeds owner all i want is to get promoted. So as Leeds owner ive a £25 mill asset unsettled and not wanting to be here, i have 4 games gone were my team are tanking and i need to 1) improve, 2) get results. I have a decision to make. this situation in undermining that - i think the Leeds fans can see that and want him gone.

Secondly if im the 49ers im thinking of what Gnonto is worth in 12 months time, he will still want a move then. So is his value likely to increase or decrease from £25 mill after a year in the Championship, where he doesn't want to be and unhappy and Leeds don't get promoted and he wont be being picked by Italy playing in that league - his value is going down like someone like Sarr at Watford.

If the 49ers turn down our bids, they are making an emotional decision of looking hard as new owners and likely the wrong one. They want to be seen as tough, but thats the wrong choice - the clubs welfare always comes first and Gononto will never be forgiven there and i doubt hes arsed not wanting to be there.

For Everton if it doesn't work our best of luck to them and we move on, we will have other targets and we are that light in wide positions now.

Last edited:

If we get him, the contract we set up needs to be structured in a manner that doesn't allow him so much leverage.
Perhaps a clause that he can go for what we pay if we are relegated and a release clause of 40-45 if a team that qualifies for Europe come in for him.

It's not hard to figure what Leeds are doing.

The longer they leave it near the window, the more other clubs will come in. The fee is already set, more club's will be desperate and start a bidding war.

So far no one else has come in or got over what we're offering.

It'll go on and on untill a West Ham or Villa come in.
Doubt that it will be any form of competition for his signature.

His price tag alone makes sure teams outside of Premier League will stay away.

Villa get Zaniolo on loan with option to buy for what Gnonto will cost. The 50 million they paid for Diaby looks like a steal compared to Gnonto's price. And they already had Leon Bailey that had a much better season than Gnonto.

Gnonto won't improve West Ham and based on the reports this summer, it is the kind of deal their new German DoF will stay away from.

Market price for Gnonto is probably 12-15 million. If he was available for that, other and more attractive clubs would have shown interest. Gnonto for 25 million is a massive gamble. The sort of gamble most clubs won't take.

If we get him, the contract we set up needs to be structured in a manner that doesn't allow him so much leverage.
Perhaps a clause that he can go for what we pay if we are relegated and a release clause of 40-45 if a team that qualifies for Europe come in for him.
Why would he do it to us? He doesn’t want to play in the championship and a PL club wants him, what’s the big deal, he wants to play in the Euros and he a better chance at us.

Lescott and Stones both did it to us, they havnt done it since

Doubt that it will be any form of competition for his signature.

His price tag alone makes sure teams outside of Premier League will stay away.

Villa get Zaniolo on loan with option to buy for what Gnonto will cost. The 50 million they paid for Diaby looks like a steal compared to Gnonto's price. And they already had Leon Bailey that had a much better season than Gnonto.

Gnonto won't improve West Ham and based on the reports this summer, it is the kind of deal their new German DoF will stay away from.

Market price for Gnonto is probably 12-15 million. If he was available for that, other and more attractive clubs would have shown interest. Gnonto for 25 million is a massive gamble. The sort of gamble most clubs won't take.
O look another… Everyone else is buying way better players then us post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back