Will we beat the ‘entertainers’

Will Allardici beat the phenomenal entertainers?

• Yes

Votes: 28 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 56 57.1%
  • 72 points, two cup semis, he didn’t buy Niasse

Votes: 14 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Domingo

Player Valuation: £80m
Roberto Martinez with the likes of Stones Barkley Deulofeu and Lukaku at his disposal guided us to two ‘phenomenal’ 11th place finishes in a row with 47 points in each. A ‘phenomenal’ achievement from a manager who had been given time to mould his own philosophy on his own squad and had by and large avoided serious injuries. One patronising BBC pundit even branded us ‘the Entertainers’

Big Sam picked up a squad that had come off the back of an awful period of recruitment, completely unbalanced, and in the midst of a crippling injury/confidence crisis. He no longer had one of the league’s best strikers (or any decent striker) and centreback at his disposal and has had no pre season to work with a group that are not his players. We currently sit on 31 points after 25 games. Allardyce has garnered 16 points from 11 league games (I’ve not counted West Ham).

He therefore needs 16 points from the remaining 13 games to equal Sin Miedo’s league performances with the entertainers. Considering that in his first 11 games he’s had Liverpool, United, Spurs, and Chelsea, and in his remaining 13 games he only has Liverpool, Arsenal and City i’m quite confident that he will achieve this.

How would the old cult population of GOT feel about their idol being overshadowed by a football dinosaur who received a hospital pass?

Roberto Martinez with the likes of Stones Barkley Deulofeu and Lukaku at his disposal guided us to two ‘phenomenal’ 11th place finishes in a row with 47 points in each. A ‘phenomenal’ achievement from a manager who had been given time to mould his own philosophy on his own squad and had by and large avoided serious injuries. One patronising BBC pundit even branded us ‘the Entertainers’

Big Sam picked up a squad that had come off the back of an awful period of recruitment, completely unbalanced, and in the midst of a crippling injury/confidence crisis. He no longer had one of the league’s best strikers (or any decent striker) and centreback at his disposal and has had no pre season to work with a group that are not his players. We currently sit on 31 points after 25 games. Allardyce has garnered 16 points from 11 league games (I’ve not counted West Ham).

He therefore needs 16 points from the remaining 13 games to equal Sin Miedo’s league performances with the entertainers. Considering that in his first 11 games he’s had Liverpool, United, Spurs, and Chelsea, and in his remaining 13 games he only has Liverpool, Arsenal and City i’m quite confident that he will achieve this.

How would the old cult population of GOT feel about their idol being overshadowed by a football dinosaur who received a hospital pass?

I doubt we'll crack 47

I think we'll end up with between 38-45

No he's in his 60s and lives on a diet of gravy and doesn't have an exotic vocabulary.

We should be capable of achieving around half the points left available, so say 20 from the final 39. Would put us on 51 points. Not sure what the lowest points total for 7th was in the PL era but I don't think 7th will achieve much more than 54/55. I remember our points total for 4th in 04/05 was very low and Boro came 7th with 55 that season.

Big Sam has shown that he is capable of getting our team to beat sides at Goodison who are ordinary or poor and we have plenty of those types of games remaining to gain points from. We will lose against the 'big 6 sides'.

I doubt we'll crack 47

I think we'll end up with between 38-45
A points of total of 7 from our last 13 games would be grim.
That would leave us with 38.

I think we will win about 1 in 3 with a few draws

So around the 47 point mark, that got us 11th with Martinez, however in the league this year that total could see us in the top half

Would be hilarious if a total as garbage as 47 got us 7th this season.

I think there is a far bigger issue however rather than just comparing two crap managers and that is for the best part of 5 years now we have, by and large, been utterly awful. Obviously Martinez's first season started off this period so that should be excluded as we were excellent. However for the next 4 years (up until now) apart from a spell between January-March in Koeman's only full season in charge we have been pish. We've gotten extremely used to losing games over the past 4 years and something needs to change.

Cull the squad at the end of the season, boot out Allardyce and start completely fresh.

Let me get this straight, we are discussing whether Fat Sam is as cr#p as Martinez, I find it difficult to choose and my crapometer is broke.

Remember a few games ago when some were saying ‘can we have Martinez back’? If Allardyce can come in and pick up this sham of a squad and still surpass his points total it will show that blue tinted views of Martinez after his first season are pure delusion.

He was an awful manager who managed to embroil us in bottom half of the table battles despite having a 20 goal a season striker in his team. If he was in charge of this lot we’d be relegated this season without doubt.

Shouldn't this start with "Dear Davek"?

Status
Not open for further replies.