Wind Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesb1970

Player Valuation: £20m
I have a family member(through marriage) who is a Chelsea supporter. He claims to be avid but didn't even know the celery song! Anyway, I was watching the game and when Chelsea scored he started to text me to wind me up. This went on for a couple of hours even bringing up Rooney!!!
I had responded to his first text by telling him not to be a ******** about things but I should have just ignored him.
My question is, Do you think it is acceptable and just part of the banter to have a go when you are winning or do you think that it's out of order. I take my football seriously and get quite up and down depending on the result so I think you shouldn't.

On a side note... all the Chelsea fans showed their lack of class last night!!

Well don't you get thrown out of Soulless Bridge if you even mention celery now? I don't take offence from people who have to support team money bags. They obviously have a small penis complex or something.

There is a point where banter is fun. I don't mind banter as long as it's fun and can be argued against.
I too had a Chelsea mate who was basically just texting me chelsea in capitals over and over again. Obviously, I can't really respond to this and whenever I bring up any decent points like history, money etc I just get, 'well we're better than you haha' which is pointless.
I have some of the best banter with my Liverpool mates as we can tease each other about results but I can always have a good comeback and they can do the same. I do love to see Liverpool lose so I can take the piss but I don't just shout Everton continuously.

During the game and a few hours or a day after the game I get completely pissed off with it. I dont do it to people either, because I hate it and it just makes the game less enjoyable to watch with those people.

I watched the game with a cockney **** chelsea fan. Cocky ****.

Had to listen to a group of lads saying that Arteta and Cahill should leave to big clubs to fulfill their potential. [Poor language removed]

I have a family member(through marriage) who is a Chelsea supporter. He claims to be avid but didn't even know the celery song! Anyway, I was watching the game and when Chelsea scored he started to text me to wind me up. This went on for a couple of hours even bringing up Rooney!!!
I had responded to his first text by telling him not to be a ******** about things but I should have just ignored him.
My question is, Do you think it is acceptable and just part of the banter to have a go when you are winning or do you think that it's out of order. I take my football seriously and get quite up and down depending on the result so I think you shouldn't.

On a side note... all the Chelsea fans showed their lack of class last night!!

Try working in Liverpool amongst reds and blues all day long. It's not just derby day that brings out the knives, at the moment you can say anything about the Americans or Klinsman etc and its handbags at 10 paces in seconds. They are not all bad like, pretty much every single one of them (except the real dumb ones) were rooting for Everton against Chelsea.

Try working in Liverpool amongst reds and blues all day long. It's not just derby day that brings out the knives, at the moment you can say anything about the Americans or Klinsman etc and its handbags at 10 paces in seconds. They are not all bad like, pretty much every single one of them (except the real dumb ones) were rooting for Everton against Chelsea.

Would much rather they "rooted" for chelsea, dont want no kopities showing any sort off support for my beloved blues !! :angry:

i try not to watch a game with opposition supporters unless they are very good friends. it asks for trouble... especially irish and scottish at world cup time. it really brings out the worst in people.

I watched the game with a cockney **** chelsea fan. Cocky ****.

Had to listen to a group of lads saying that Arteta and Cahill should leave to big clubs to fulfill their potential. [Poor language removed]

Sorry but I'd have just laughed at 'em and said, "Yeah, just like Wayne Bridge, just like Steve Sidwell, and just like SWP?"

...and then kept on laughing.

If you want to stunt your development, then Chelsea's the place to be. (y)

i try not to watch a game with opposition supporters unless they are very good friends. it asks for trouble... especially irish and scottish at world cup time. it really brings out the worst in people.

c'mon were not all bad!

in a game if Scotland wernt playing id be right behind England, Wales or Ireland. were all part of briton. hate to watch Everton with other fans tho, it does ask for trouble.

c'mon were not all bad!

in a game if Scotland wernt playing id be right behind England, Wales or Ireland. were all part of briton. hate to watch Everton with other fans tho, it does ask for trouble.

Living in Scotland, and being English, I really enjoy winding the Scots up and supporting whoever they play. It's funny how offended they get. ;)

tbh im not tht bothered, iv always followed english football ( my whole family are blues). no offence but the SPL is ****. only 2 teams-the old firm. anywhere you go in scotland i bet you will find more celtic/rangers fans than fans supporting the local team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back