Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We simply cannot defend,no matter who we are playing we will need to score three goals to have any chance of taking anything from a game,we were extremely lucky to be still be in that game last night,god knows what the other lot, Chelsea or even City if they are on blob will do to us, desperately hope January offers us some defensive upgrades.

Pickers for me.

Didn't really have a chance for either goal and made some great saves didn't he. Must have felt like it was back to the good old days at Sunderland - easy to concentrate when you're under constant attack.

Delph made a difference but only by virtue of what went before. I also think Wolves elected to sit in and let us play in front of them second half. Reckon they could have scored a few more if they fancied it.

Shocking performance. Not looking positive

He's the best holding midfielder we have, total clear out needed In that department. Allan, Davies, Gomes, I can't see any of them surviving the Benitez cull next summer.
Alan is no way near the same category as Davies and Gomes (can add Gambin to your list as well).
And Iwobi is an absolute liability to any CM.
We got lucky with Townshend though.
Massive clean out needed...obviously

I said before the game when the team was announced we would get overrun.

The defence knew it , confidence was shot and we collapsed as a team in the 1st half.

Keep Selling in Jan.

We simply cannot defend,no matter who we are playing we will need to score three goals to have any chance of taking anything from a game,we were extremely lucky to be still be in that game last night,god knows what the other lot, Chelsea or even City if they are on blob will do to us, desperately hope January offers us some defensive upgrades.
It's our, for want of a better term, set-up.
The same players as last season @Dario Terracotta I'm afraid, bar the defensive abilities of Richy for a long while, and DCL for far too long.
Last season we had a superb record of set plays, both in defence and attack, so I believe the remedy is in our own hands. I don't believe we have to, or indeed can, wait until January because confidence could be zero..
To pick up on your meaning though, it is a crime our best players at defending and attacking these set pieces are both attacking players. I shudder to think what will happen if both Richy and Dom wish to leave with the shambles of a recruiting 'system' we currently have.

Come off it @Dario Terracotta, they started in the last two games, and we shipped in seven (7) if you remember.
Please put a bit more thought into your team selections in future.
On second thoughts, would you consider making a comeback? Always had a lot of time for you as a player. Limited, but wholehearted.

Delph after a new contract it seems after last nights second half. Its easy to shine when everyone around you is playing utter turd.

Think him being the only change and us improving the second half has inevitably meant credit has gone to him.

Not so convinced myself, sure he's 10x better than Gbamin but Wolves definitely dropped their tempo/more contained.

A fit Delph, and one who can actually be arsed - starts in our midfield though.

Status
Not open for further replies.