Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since JL come in we have 30 points from 21 games , the home form has been excellent . Should be a decent match as you guys surely have to go for the win ?

Always had a soft spot for Wolves, been to a few home games and not unfamiliar with the beers in the GoalPost (I pretty much lived round the corner for a year).

I hope you guys are well and truly in flip flop mode and we stuff you though obvs.

Ironically I prefer to face a team that is on a good long run rather than a team that is out of form and/or on a poor run of results. From a probability perspective their good run will eventually stop. Hopefully that's against us...
I mean that’s not really how probability works lol

DCL is key for the two remaining games . The difference in our play is huge when he’s out there .
Awful drop in all round play when Maupay is leading the line , an obvious lack of belief from the supporting players…knowing he lacks the ability for the ball to stick and brings others into play .
I fear for us if DCL is unavailable for Saturday and the following Sunday .

DCL is key for the two remaining games . The difference in our play is huge when he’s out there .
Awful drop in all round play when Maupay is leading the line , an obvious lack of belief from the supporting players…knowing he lacks the ability for the ball to stick and brings others into play .
I fear for us if DCL is unavailable for Saturday and the following Sunday .
Nah. Leeds and Leicester will lose their remaining games. Dyche can play Holgate, Keane, Davies and Maupay and we can all sit back and relax. Good times.

Need to play exactly like we did against Brighton.

The problem is wolves don’t play their game how we’d want it to play out. They play tight, breakaways, happy to not have possession and wait for their chances.

That’s what concerns me. Need a minimum of a draw and I’m saying a truly horrible to watch, nerve wrenching 0-0.

I don't think it's an exaggeration to describe this match as one of the biggest for the club - we've had a few of them since last season - sadly, for all the wrong reasons thanks to the clowns who are the current custodians of our club.

It might look a kinder fixture compared to our relegation rivals in that Wolves are 13th with sod all to play for, but they're very good at home - particularly since the new year. This is their home record in 2023;

Wolves 1-0 Aston Villa
Wolves 2-0 Crystal Palace
Wolves 2-0 Brentford
Wolves 1-0 Chelsea

Wolves 2-4 Leeds
Wolves 1-0 Tottenham
Wolves 0-1 Bournemouth
Wolves 3-0 Liverpool
Wolves 1-0 West Ham
Worst preview ever. Where's the mindless optimism ??

I'm glad we're playing first amongst our relegation rivals, this weekend. I'd rather get it over and done with.

TBH I would rather we played last amongst the Drop Contenders but small matter. Our energy has to be so much greater than theirs in this game. they have a pretty solid defence but hopefully we can lull them into the push it out wide trap. It worked for 30 mins against City and 45 against Brighton. DCL has to sart even if there is only 45 mins in him. Please no more Maupay. Hopefully Mykolenko is back too from his mystery illness(hangover).
Pickford
Patterson - Mina - Tarkowski - Mykolenko
Iwobi - Garner - Gana - McNeil
Doucoure
DCL

Wolves 0-1 Everton

If DCL and myko out then I'd be inclined to go compact 5 at the back with McNeil and patts wingbacks and put gray up top and try and utilise his pace in behind, can't be watching maupay sludge around again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back