World class potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzy

Player Valuation: £60m
IMO we have 3 players of World class potential - Stones, Barkley and Lukaku - and RM's job must be to ;
a. keep them
b. build a team around them and
c. make sure that they reach their potential.

If he is able to do that surrounding them with good players such as Coleman , McCarthy , Besic , Mirallas and a couple of decent signings we will surely have the best , most successful team in generations .

If you look at the current successful teams they arguably have one maybe two world class players - Arsenal Sanchez and City Aguero and Kompany .

Chelsea are the exception with Courtois , Fabregas , Hazard and Costa ( perhaps even Matic ) but very few English teams have as many potential superstars as Everton.

The key questions for me are whether they will achieve their potential ( not sure about Lukaku ) and is RM the right man to build a team around them ( I desperately want him to be able to do that).

We could have incredible times ahead .

It's a big if. All three are still only young, and whilst they've all got bags of potential, they've also got to keep improving a lot too. As Naismith wisely pointed out this week, we should ease off on all this 'potential world beater' stuff as it just heaps unnecessary pressure.

Agree with Ross and Stones, but Lukaku doesn't look like he could get anywhere near world class standard atm. I think Besic and McCarthy are closer tbh. As a young spine of players, it is still pretty exciting though. Just need some decent wingers.

Agree with Ross and Stones, but Lukaku doesn't look like he could get anywhere near world class standard atm. I think Besic and McCarthy are closer tbh. As a young spine of players, it is still pretty exciting though. Just need some decent wingers.

This absolutely shocks me!!

He has done more in his career than Stones & Ross added together, his potential is higher than any player in the squad!!!

For the sort of player he is, Lukaku has top class potential. You are right though, we need a manager who is willing to play young players and build a team around them. For all his faults I do think Martinez is willing to do that.

If you look at players like Ledson, Browning, Dowell, Kenny and Garbutt in the reserves alongside Besic and McCarthy in the first team we have a very promising future generation coming through. If managed properly it will save us a lot of money on buying in players.

The last time we had a youth squad as promising as this was 1998. If you consider then we had Ball, Dunne, Cadamateri, Jeffers, Osman and Hibbert as part of that squad. Players such as Jevons, Mcleod, O Brien (the captain) also showed great potential. Unfortunately only really Hibbert, Dunne and Osman fulfilled their potential. We need to ensure we do a bit better this time around.

This absolutely shocks me!!

He has done more in his career than Stones & Ross added together, his potential is higher than any player in the squad!!!
Thats only because he was fully grown very early, Ross and Stones have only just started to fill out. Its a little bit like comparing Ronaldo and Rooney when they were both 21. Ronaldo was a shadow of the player he is today whereas with Rooney, he is pretty much the same player then as he is today. This is mostly to do differences the physical development of the players. I think you can see with Ross and Stones that there is a lot of physical and technical development ahead whereas with Rom, he can only really develop technically from now on.

Lukaku will never be world class while he controls a ball like he's allergic to it. And as he can't do it after roundabout 200 first team games at a high level with coaches of national teams and premier league winners there's a good chance he never will.

Thats only because he was fully grown very early, Ross and Stones have only just started to fill out. Its a little bit like comparing Ronaldo and Rooney when they were both 21. Ronaldo was a shadow of the player he is today whereas with Rooney, he is pretty much the same player then as he is today. This is mostly to do differences the physical development of the players. I think you can see with Ross and Stones that there is a lot of physical and technical development ahead whereas with Rom, he can only really develop technically from now on.

That is all completely irrelevant mate, Rom has done more at 21, shows he has more potential, just down to the fact that he has actually done it, to an extent.
If we had not have paid £28 million for him, I think people would think differently.

That is all completely irrelevant mate, Rom has done more at 21, shows he has more potential, just down to the fact that he has actually done it, to an extent.
If we had not have paid £28 million for him, I think people would think differently.
Fair enough, but I think if you asked people out of the current squad who they thought would be the best player in 5 years time most would say either Barkley or Stones. I think Rom could be a great player, just don't think he is looking like world class prospect atm. I agree that people are judging him partly on his price tag but I said the same thing about him last year. Needs to add a lot to his game to be anywhere near world class

Thats purely down to breaking through earlier in weaker teams.

Ask the majority of everton fans and outve the 3 Rom would be behind stones and Ross.

Though i do agree he'll be a top player for us for many years, one of the best strikers in the big leagues in a few years

Fair enough, but I think if you asked people out of the current squad who they thought would be the best player in 5 years time most would say either Barkley or Stones. I think Rom could be a great player, just don't think he is looking like world class prospect atm. I agree that people are judging him partly on his price tag but I said the same thing about him last year. Needs to add a lot to his game to be anywhere near world class

Well this time last week, Ross was looking nothing like it either mate. 1 decent game against an awfull side and he is Ballac / Gazza again !?!

All about opinions mate, but I would say if you asked NON Evertonians, most would say Lukaku is the one with the most potential, or it would be very close.

At the age of 21 he's consistently scoring 15+ goals a season in the premier league. If he adds another 6 or 7 to that by the time he's 24 then I don't think there'll be many saying he isn't world class. If we have a player scoring 20+ a season in the league then I don't care what his touch is like.

John Stones is a diamond (excuse the pun) and why I think this is because central defenders of this calibre don't come around very often at all. Look at clubs in the league and only a handful have world class centre backs. To have a player like this who can lead the line in the future is remarkable. A player who can emulate John Terry and Rio Ferdinand. Centre backs like this don't come around often and clubs will fight to steal him from us. He is the real diamond in the Everton squad

Thats purely down to breaking through earlier in weaker teams.

Ask the majority of everton fans and outve the 3 Rom would be behind stones and Ross.

Though i do agree he'll be a top player for us for many years, one of the best strikers in the big leagues in a few years

That is why mate, ask all other fans and Im not sure they will have the same Blue-bias towards Ross.

Status
Not open for further replies.