Worst Squad in 12 Years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players can only play to what the manager tells them slash tactics and seeing as Bobby martinez hasn't got a scooby as to what they are we were doomed from preseason

In all seriousness, this thread is ridiculous.

In all seriousness, it's not.

You can continue to delude yourself into thinking that we have one of the best squads in the league, but we are going to finish in the bottom half for the second year running, something that hasn't happened since the Walter Smith days. The midfield is AWFUL and the defence is not much better.

OUR HOME FORM IS THE WORST IN EVERTON'S ENTIRE HISTORY. WORSE THAN 1994. WORSE THAN 1998.

Keep deluding yourself!

The squad is CRAP!

The midfield is AWFUL. The defence is CRAP. Our strikers are good. Barkley is providing Cahill level goal returns aged 22, he has it and will only get better. Lukaku is our greatest striker in decades, but he clearly doesn't want to be here and will be gone in the summer.

The task facing our new manager is massive. The squad is in disarray and needs a massive overhaul if we actually want to achieve anything.

The point of this thread is that people need to wake up to how bad we are. Deluding yourselves into thinking that we are a gang of phenomenal entertainers is a symptom of Martinez' failed tenure. The squad isn't the greatest in 30 years, it's the poorest in 12 years!

You said strikers?

In all seriousness, it's not.

You can continue to delude yourself into thinking that we have one of the best squads in the league, but we are going to finish in the bottom half for the second year running, something that hasn't happened since the Walter Smith days. The midfield is AWFUL and the defence is not much better.

OUR HOME FORM IS THE WORST IN EVERTON'S ENTIRE HISTORY. WORSE THAN 1994. WORSE THAN 1998.

Keep deluding yourself!

The squad is CRAP!

lol m8

It's not as great as people think. Cleverley, Kone, Howard, Hibbert, Niasse.... I'll stop there, the squad has some good players but there's also some garbage in there too

I'm fearful for summer, if we get a new manager then who will he have to replace?

It's not as great as people think. Cleverley, Kone, Howard, Hibbert, Niasse.... I'll stop there, the squad has some good players but there's also some garbage in there too

I'm fearful for summer, if we get a new manager then who will he have to replace?

Prefer the ones that aint out the door anyrate to be improved.

Hilarious isn't it mate. Having the worst home form in Everton's entire history!

Don't worry though mate, we have Deulofeu, he's the next Messi!

Well no but he's very good. Our beat left winger is pretty good, get a decent manager and he can show what he can do next year. Besic is a player I like. Stones is excellent, jagielk is still doing well, Miri adapted well and will only improve, browning, holgate and gallowAy are all great prospects.

Cuba anymore, though I do concede CM is in need of urgent attention. That said, I like besic and Barkley could be the player we'd hope he'd be under a different manager.

Well no but he's very good. Our beat left winger is pretty good, get a decent manager and he can show what he can do next year. Besic is a player I like. Stones is excellent, jagielk is still doing well, Miri adapted well and will only improve, browning, holgate and gallowAy are all great prospects.

Cuba anymore, though I do concede CM is in need of urgent attention. That said, I like besic and Barkley could be the player we'd hope he'd be under a different manager.

He's 'very good' but he can't even last 90 minutes and can't get a game against Aaron Lennon FFS. We have fans listing Deulofeu as a reason as to why our squad is so great, but the truth is that he can't even get a game.

If you think this is one of our better squads then you are deluding yourself, it's one the more poorer squads in the premier league, and that's reflected in our league position.

I don't get what you mean? Because I listed players going? The squad is in bad shape, Gibson, McCarthy, there's probably more (due to age)

Oh sure, there is dead wood that will go. But, imo, Martinez has destroyed some terrific players. I would prefer a new bloke to have the nous to get them back to a great level, and recruit to replace the Osmans et al of the squad.

A bunch of teams are going to get better, and we are going to lose some talented players. I hope a new manager and new signings can fix this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back