Worst Team of your Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 2011-2012 Cahill & Saha front two would run any of these close, absolutely horrible to watch them two week on bloody week.

gk - Paul Gerrard - The only keeper I've ever seen that was genuinely frightened of the ball

rb - Earl Barrett - Never looked like he knew what part of the pitch he should be on. More than a few candidates for this spot though

lb - Ales Pistone - Not really that bad, just seems we've been quite blessed in the dark years with this position.

cb - Per Kroldrup - Baros ran at him from the halfway line and he eventually put the tackle in on the 6yd line. the way he retreated I assumed he was French.

cb - Li Weifeng - He definitely weren't a ninja, Nice fella to talk to though, have a word if ever your in the supper bar.

lm - Kilbane - I called him forrest gump. More run outs than shane warne, Ginola ran him close though.

rm - Alexandersson - Couldn't beat an egg

cm - Stephen Hughes - Had it all, in terms of kit.

acm - Gazza - Watching him fail to roll back the years felt like goin the strippers with yer dad.

st - Barlow - Nicknames jigsaw, cos he always fell apart in the box. Made a decent name for himself after he left, as a plumber.

st - Saha - His last year felt like the worlds longest comedown.

Espen Baardsen

John O'Kane
Glen Keeley
Earl Barrett
David Burrows

Ian Wilson
Scott Gemmill
Geoff Nulty
Alex Nyarko

Brett Angel
Bernie Wright

Subs:
Fred Barber
Mick Bernard
Peter Degn
Marc Hottiger
John Spencer
Mickey Walsh
Stuart Barlow

and plenty more where they came from!

Had the unfortunate pleasure of seeing each and everyone one of them wear the "Royal Blue"!

3 pages and not a mention of David Burrows or Niclas Alexandersson?

Alexandersson was in my team, look at the first post on page 3.

One other point - someone named Anthony Gardner; I'm almost sure he never played for the first team. IIRC, he was signed as cover a few years ago but as it turned out he wasn't used once.

Stand out shite off top of my head:

GK) P. Gerrard - Genuinely worried everytime I saw his name on the team sheet. Truly awful. Though I best remember him over his injury and Di Canio catching the ball.

Gk) R. Wright - What a fckin clown this guy was. Injured himself falling from his attic and also hurt himself during the warm-up against Chelsea by tripping over a pitchside sign.

Def) E. Barrett - I just remember Earl continually backing off and backing off, and never actually making a stab with his leg to tackle a player.

Def) M. Hottiger - Just horrible. Possibly the worse Everton defender I have ever seen. Come back Pearl Barrett, all is forgiven!

Mid) C. Thomsen - A ball watcher if there ever was. Seen this fella play both midfield & defence and he was tripe in both positions. I remember seeing a pub regular launch a half-full pint glass at the telly because Thomsen appeared on it after his own goal.

Mid) T. Linderoth - Looked about 2-feet tall and could never stamp his authority in the games he played. Was never gonna cut it in the Premier League.

Mid) A. Nyarko - Massive joke of a player. I think his work permit had issues too which resulted in him being released(?) Ridiculous signing and exit.

Mid) N. Alexandersson - Put all his effort and energy in styling his fckin hair the big (small) tart! The player I wanted from Sheff Wed when they were relegated at the time was not this lightweight, but that tricky Benito Carbone.

Fwd) Stuart Barlow - Pace was electric, but just no final product in an Everton shirt. Though I remember him banging them in when he dropped down a league.

Fwd) B. Angell - Yup, as bad as everyone makes out on every Everton website. It wasn't confidence or poor service, he was just unbelievably gash as an Everton player. Just seemed to struggle with holding up the ball and any shooting capability.

Mid) A. Nyarko - Massive joke of a player. I think his work permit had issues too which resulted in him being released(?) Ridiculous signing and exit.

We signed him on a five year deal with a four year work permit which was pretty stupid really.

The annoying thing about Nyarko was he was a talented player but supposedly an absolute loon. Not a malicious one or anything just not all there.

I got to see a training session once and whilst the rest of the players were all warming up in the usual manner Nyarko was propped against a wall standing on his head. When I asked someone what he was doing the bloke said he always does that and people just leave him to it as hes a bit odd.

People are actually putting Saha in their lifetime worst ever Everton 11?

Your only excuse is if you guys are like, 7 years old or something.

His 'managing runs' phase was truly soul destroying. Great on his day, just that he used all his days up.

People are actually putting Saha in their lifetime worst ever Everton 11?

Your only excuse is if you guys are like, 7 years old or something.

Having to watch a non-arsed Saha mumble around the pitch giving the ball away down that left f*cking channel with no movement from any of his teammates is a memory that's up there with walking in on me mum & dad smashing each other.

Hideous, hideous times.

Having to watch a non-arsed Saha mumble around the pitch giving the ball away down that left f*cking channel with no movement from any of his teammates is a memory that's up there with walking in on me mum & dad smashing each other.

Hideous, hideous times.

LOL. Totally though. Saha made me fume into oblivion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back