Wouldn't it be hilarious...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me for not giving a flick as to what United fans think, most of them probably think Manchester is just outside London.

My point was in reference to your opinion that 90% of Everton fans would disagree with me over Fellaini. I don't think people who recognise Fellaini's liabilities in midfield are in short supply, there are loads of them, and that reflects in his current low value.

My point was in reference to your opinion that 90% of Everton fans would disagree with me over Fellaini. I don't think people who recognise Fellaini's liabilities in midfield are in short supply, there are loads of them, and that reflects in his current low value.
His low value is tied to the back of a poor season in which he became a symbol for Moyes' incompetence.

He is currently undervalued and someone will get a hell of a bargain with him. However, he is not the player Everton need. That doesn't mean that he would immediately prove to be worth 12m to Stoke or West Ham.

Hes had a stop start United career and I think its safe to say everybody in that squad suffered very badly last season, so clearly United fans are gonna have a very low opinion of him, but just to state again, United fans are in general uttely clueless glory hunting bellends, so I honestly couldnt care less what they think.

His low value is tied to the back of a poor season in which he became a symbol for Moyes' incompetence.

He is currently undervalued and someone will get a hell of a bargain with him. However, he is not the player Everton need. That doesn't mean that he would immediately prove to be worth 12m to Stoke or West Ham.

That's fair enough. But nobody was interested in matching his release clause when he was at the top of his game, which gives you some indication of his true value, which is less than 20 million.

Hes had a stop start United career and I think its safe to say everybody in that squad suffered very badly last season, so clearly United fans are gonna have a very low opinion of him, but just to state again, United fans are in general uttely clueless glory hunting bellends, so I honestly couldnt care less what they think.

But the opinions of United fans aren't exclusive to United fans, they're widely held opinions that are reflected in his low transfer value.

That's fair enough. But nobody was interested in matching his release clause when he was at the top of his game, which gives you some indication of his true value, which is less than 20 million.
Even at £12m we still make a profit and have a top player for free,

But the opinions of United fans aren't exclusive to United fans, they're widely held opinions that are reflected in his low transfer value.

Who says hes even available for 12m?

I think his 125k a week wages and the fact that hes become a figure of hate for United fans are the main factor in his low transfer value, if he is even for sale at 12m.

Even at £12m we still make a profit and have a top player for free,

He isn't a top player though. He's a liability in defensive midfield, and a decent forward who will get you 12 goals a season when he is on the top of his game. Worth about 15 - 18 million.

Who says hes even available for 12m?

I think his 125k a week wages and the fact that hes become a figure of hate for United fans are the main factor in his low transfer value, if he is even for sale at 12m.

I'm classing a 15 - 18 million pound valuation as being low in the current market.

You don't know that though, do you? I reckon Fellaini made it clear to all parties that Utd was were he wanted to go, shortly after Moyes took the job. Hence the derisory bid(s), hence his clause date passing. Hence Moyes' comments about knowing how things 'work at Everton.' He and United thought they'd force our hand, but it backfired on them. I think the board and manager deserve huge credit for that whole political game.

He isn't a top player though. He's a liability in defensive midfield, and a decent forward who will get you 12 goals a season when he is on the top of his game. Worth about 15 - 18 million.

You do realise that 15-18million is an awful lot of money? Even in todays game.

You don't know that though, do you? I reckon Fellaini made it clear to all parties that Utd was were he wanted to go, shortly after Moyes took the job. Hence the derisory bid(s), hence his clause date passing. Hence Moyes' comments about knowing how things 'work at Everton.' He and United thought they'd force our hand, but it backfired on them. I think the board and manager deserve huge credit for that whole political game.

No, we do know that nobody activated Fellaini's release clause. What we don't know, is whether that whole load of unsubstantiated conjecture you have just written has any basis in reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back