Writing off Everton players too early ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a day when we got a point from goals scored by Calvert-Lewin and Keane, does this show that some of our fanbase are far too quick to write some of our players off, and should perhaps try and be a little more patient ?

Also, if anyone feels the need to admit they were wrong, this is the thread for you.
Was wrong on both counts. Wearing ashes-lined sack cloth as I type.

On a day when we got a point from goals scored by Calvert-Lewin and Keane, does this show that some of our fanbase are far too quick to write some of our players off, and should perhaps try and be a little more patient ?

Also, if anyone feels the need to admit they were wrong, this is the thread for you.
It's a fine line between success and failure. See Lukaku, De bruyne, salah...

The were consistently poor but now they are consistently good. Happy days!

We're a reactionary fan base or a good portion are, You miss a sitter one week you're crap, you score a goal next week the people love you.
Of course everyone will not end up like DCL we'll genuinely have players who are actual crap but they need to be given a decent period instead of week to week.

Also yes I said Keane isn't suited to how Ancelotti plays but he's been the best player since lockdown so I'm enjoying my humble pie with custard.

It took nearly 100 pages in the Cleverley thread for people to see the obvious.

So no. Better to have some principles and stick to your opinion than none at all because you feel peer pressured by a flip-flopping clique.

People can get better and worse over time. You can be right in saying that someone is rubbish and right in saying that they’re great 3 years later. There is a tendency for opinions to be polarised when usually the truth is in the middle, but I don’t really see an issue in judging things as they happen personally.

If I write any of our players off I always hope they prove me wrong cause I want them to succeed for us. Let's just wait till the season progresses before we decide they've proved us wrong. But it does prove something. It proves that a good manager can make all the difference.

I'll eat humble pie as far as Keane is concerned. I wrote some undeserved things about him here last year. He has been magnificent over the last year to be frank. Our most consistent performer by a mile these days. I hope all our fan base recognise his character in coming back from where he was not that long ago.

As for dcl, he has upped his game brilliantly but I still think he can work on his composure, especially in one v one situations and his overall decision making outside the box. But good progress nonetheless.

People can get better and worse over time. You can be right in saying that someone is rubbish and right in saying that they’re great 3 years later. There is a tendency for opinions to be polarised when usually the truth is in the middle, but I don’t really see an issue in judging things as they happen personally.

I think that's fair, and it's also fair to comment on players who aren't playing well. But, when fans say things like "He's s h one t, and not even Championship level", then I also think it's fair to point out that those fans are plainly clueless.

It took nearly 100 pages in the Cleverley thread for people to see the obvious.

So no. Better to have some principles and stick to your opinion than none at all because you feel peer pressured by a flip-flopping clique.

I commend you for sticking to your guns, but feel the need to point out that you might just be being overly stubborn

From https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/sam-allardyce.100793/post-6052646

... and if a manager picks Dominic Teflon-Bambi up front on their own at any point sack them immediately.

So long Carlo it is then.

Status
Not open for further replies.