Yak and Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebbiolo

Valuation: £108 million
Just thought I'd mention what I think was a pretty impressive partnership last night. We all know that Yak will get goals, and that Johnson will chase everything down. But last night I thought these two guys excelled at what they both do best. Particularly, Johnson held up play well, made space for Yak and scored a couple of cracking goals himself. Yak, on the other hand, worked hard and looked incredibly comfortable whenever opportunities came his way. I also liked the body language between the pair. They seemed genuinely happy to be around each other, which was more obvious as the match went on. It's early days, but I'm hoping that this duo will be friutful together.

Just thought I'd mention what I think was a pretty impressive partnership last night. We all know that Yak will get goals, and that Johnson will chase everything down. But last night I thought these two guys excelled at what they both do best. Particularly, Johnson held up play well, made space for Yak and scored a couple of cracking goals himself. Yak, on the other hand, worked hard and looked incredibly comfortable whenever opportunities came his way. I also liked the body language between the pair. They seemed genuinely happy to be around each other, which was more obvious as the match went on. It's early days, but I'm hoping that this duo will be friutful together.

I fully agree. Good post nebb

Well i am a massive fan of the 4-5-1 but i love Yak and AJ upfront.

They seem to have a decent understanding together that is only going to progress.

But i would revert back to the 4-5-1 for City but it wont happen, it shouldnt really in hindsight as AJ and Yak have just grabbed 5 goals between them.

I wouldn't want to choose between them at the moment. Safest option is 4-4-2.

after scoring a wonderstrike last night I can't see Moyes dropping Johnson and if he did would it effect his form?

Whilst he's still buzzing over his goals I say stick them both up top against City.

4 4 2 Johnson and Yak to start - Send Cahill on as an impact player at 60 mins if needed.

Last edited:

AJ probably didn't know he had it in him either.

*cue AJ shooting from every range and angle possible now.

great post Bill. AJ and his lack of confidence has forced him to try to avoid shooting. Someone must have put a rocket up his arse last night and told him Yak scores in the box, you shoot from everywhere. So he did. and low and behold, the boy is back. he will be shooting from the kick off next.

Got to be AJ

It has to be HB, you just couldn't drop the Yak after his hat trick and all round contibution. We need a big man up front on his own against that Citeh defence with the Pieman feeding him like mad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back