Yak: Current squad the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cal

Player Valuation: £40m
Yakubu believes that the current Everton squad is one of the best he’s ever played with.

Yak who has played for Middlesbrough (Doesn’t say a lot), Portsmouth and Maccabi Haifa in his career, has said that this squad could be the best he has ever been a part of.

Yak said "I think that at the moment this is one of the best teams that I have ever played in.

"To play in Europe and to have not been beaten yet, and the fact that we have quality players, means that we can get in the (UEFA Cup) final.

"If we keep believing in ourselves and say that we want to be in the final, then I believe we can do it."

Yakubu who has been in sparkling form of late for the Blue’s insists he feel’s no pressure in scoring every chance that come’s his way.

He said "Some people have two or three chances and don’t take them, but sometimes they’ll only have one chance and they’ll take it."

"I believe whenever I have it, I can score. That is what I want to do because I am a striker and I just enjoy it. I take every game as it comes and whenever I have a chance I believe I can score, so I will keep scoring.

"For me as a striker your job is to score goals and to perform and when I signed I thought I would be under pressure, but I’m not under pressure. I know that if I don’t score then there are people in the team that can score.

"But the fact that we have quality strikers ready to come off the bench, it keeps the pressure in a good way. To me, it’s like training – I just believe in myself and when you score you believe you can score more and you can feel the goals coming."

And long may that continue, FEED THE YAK!

Immeasurable praise from Yakubu, considering his former squads include those that competed in the champions league and even the UEFA winning Middlesbrough side that year. Just goes to show our team is really progressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back