Yakubu go's AWOL ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpys top lip

Player Valuation: £60m
This is from Kickoffnigeria.com

Eagles stars hit Lagos

Following their exit from the Africa Cup of Nations on Sunday, most Nigerian players left Accra for Lagos rather than to their European clubs.

Nwankwo Kanu, Joseph Yobo, John Utaka, Seyi Olofinjana, Danny Shittu and Dickson Etuhu were the only players left in Accra as they prepared to fly to England to join up with their clubs.

Most of the others left for Lagos and a few explained that they needed 'one or two days' to visit with their families and will be flying to Europe from Lagos.

Some of the clubs had booked flights to take the players back to Europe the day after the game, but the players simply rescheduled the tickets.

I just knew somthing like this would happen, it always does.

If its true he's one cheecky [Poor language removed]!!

I'd believe a BBC sport report over kickoffnigeria.com any day of the week!

Ye me to mate.

I know the sorce is crap, but how often do players go missing after the ANC? Im sure iv seen it happen quiet a few times.

Anyway hope its crap an he'll be fit an ready for saturday.

To be expected really, sweeping generalisation, but historically the african imports do like a cheeky day or two to visting the african branch of their family tree.

Even if it is true I don't see the problem of going to visit there family for a day while they were nearby, it would help them relax a bit better to see some of there family, I am sure he would be back in time to rest and train a bit before the Reading match!

I don't mind really. If it cheers him up and keeps his morale up then that's cool. Only for 2days like though, haha, he may become a namesake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back