person of myself and our team and life in general I just watched the match
recording and feel the yak penalty aside could have finished better and should
have put us through but on a positive point his all round general play was good
on reflection now I think if a.j started in italy with 4 4 2 we might of only
conceded 1 goal I base this on one incident alone last night a.j chased a
defender for the ball he had 2 of his own players around him to easily pass to
but panicked when a.j came strong on him this we clearly missed in the first
game. just to finish as I went to both games a big difference over the two legs
they closed the ball down at lot quicker at goodison than we did at their place.
But head up we have the new shankly ive craved all my life
Does any one feel the same as myself is davey not signing a new contract
befor he knows what cash is available next year for new players he now has a
strong hand with the board loosing moyes will hurt me more than bally and that
feeling has NEVER LEFT ME

Loseing moyes would be the biggest mistake this club ever made!!

He will bring us silverwere if we give him the right backing.

He is the second coming.

Yakubu's finishing was below par last night, but he has the best shot/goal ratio in the Premiership so we can't really grumble. Last night was unfortunately the exception that proved the rule.

He began the move the move that led to the second goal and did anyone else see how he distracted the keeper for the first. Good centre foward play even without a goal.

Credit were its due their keeper was top drawer.

He began the move the move that led to the second goal and did anyone else see how he distracted the keeper for the first. Good centre foward play even without a goal.

Credit were its due their keeper was top drawer.

TBH Neiler I thought he knew nothing of some saves, he was just there. The Yak worked as hard as anyone last night, it just didn't come off. Like AJ why dive, that is my only moan about his performance(y)

TBH Neiler I thought he knew nothing of some saves, he was just there. The Yak worked as hard as anyone last night, it just didn't come off. Like AJ why dive, that is my only moan about his performance(y)
Have to agree mate I hate diving be it by us or any one else thought we should have won but us and pens forget it,have not been able to log on for thirteen days thanks to talk talk any one thinking of joining them DONT we are supposed to have emergency alarm that was disconnected as well they are a joke:@

Have to agree mate I hate diving be it by us or any one else thought we should have won but us and pens forget it,have not been able to log on for thirteen days thanks to talk talk any one thinking of joining them DONT we are supposed to have emergency alarm that was disconnected as well they are a joke:@

Cheers Roy I thought you may have been poorly mate, I've had some more problems since you was last on, OK now though(y)

puts a new perspective on the whole 'season with out a penalty awarded' gripes.

i had to remind someone that mr yak missed a penalty against us for boro.

His attitude to penalty taking doesnt help.

I know he is a casual player but need's more conviction.

His attitude to penalty taking doesnt help.

I know he is a casual player but need's more conviction.

I would agre with that criticism. He showed recently with his second goal against Pompey that he can leather a ball. Dont know why he was so timid in his approach last night

Good lord! The keeper went the wrong way, and if it was two inches to the right it was in! You don't always need brute force for penalty's!

Good lord! The keeper went the wrong way, and if it was two inches to the right it was in! You don't always need brute force for penalty's!

It does help though! Need to strike it with real conviction and there is more chance of a keeper saving it if its not hit hard

The penalty was placed almost perfectly. He knew exactly what was needed and delivered it to 99% accuracy. I am sure tha if Yak thought it required him to leather it he would of. Actually, that is probably what their keeper was expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back