2021/22 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wouldn’t be worth keeping. You need consistency at centre back and to build a partnership, you can’t do that if one of your supposed starting centre backs is not capable of putting a run of ten consecutive games together.

Too much chopping and changing because the laddie can’t string games together consistently. Too disruptive to the team.

Yet he came back after months out and team instantly kept a clean sheet v Chelsea? I know Pickford made those incredible saves but Chelsea hardly had a shot when it was 0-0.

I'd rather 10 games with Yerry up to January next season than 20 games of either Keane or Holgate falling over themselves and Tarkowski having to endlessly cover them while he's also heading away every cross.

Forgot about Godfrey aswell. Guess Frank might go 3 at the back and have him as the wide CB to cover the wing backs before he gets sold.

Hopefully next season won't be such a big mess but I have low expectations when you see what already top half teams are signing so think I'd rather just scrape a few 1-0s and keep ticking over in mid table.

Haven't seen him linked to anyone so get the feeling any interested club will just wait until next summer and pick him up on a free. Or small fee in Jan.

I'm actually fine with that as even 10-15 games of him and Tarkowski should mean a few clean sheets and chance of some wins in opening three months. After all the form at start of last season of 14 points from first 7 games was the buffer needed for the desperate form afterwards so I'd rather chance Mina still being around personally. Him coming back just for the Chelsea game in the run in was massive aswell.

And this is it, for me. We get rid of Mina and we still need to sign another competent CB to replace him. I’d rather overpay Mina’s wages but have a good defender on the bench for 20 games a season than offload him and risk buying another gash player to save £40k a week.

The 8 games he played 90 mins last season, we got 12 points which would work out at 57 across the season. Would have seen us 7th.

The season before under Carlo, he managed 20 games at 90mins. We picked up 39 points in those games (as many as this entire season). That would work out as 74 points across a season (Runner up that season, 3rd this).

He actually played the first 18 out of 20 games undr Carlo and was benched (not injured for the other 2). We just need to get him fit.

In short, this guy is soooo important to us. We need some medical genius to make sure he plays more often.

Honestly like his positive influence in the dressing room. Seems to raise everyone's spirits in the footage that he is involved in. Also seems to be genuinely passionate about his teammates. His reaction when that palace player tried to break Gordon's leg said a lot.

Our highest paid player missing 50% of games isn't good enough. We have to get rid if we can.

He wouldn’t be worth keeping. You need consistency at centre back and to build a partnership, you can’t do that if one of your supposed starting centre backs is not capable of putting a run of ten consecutive games together.

Too much chopping and changing because the laddie can’t string games together consistently. Too disruptive to the team.
The games we did well in was when he was just in for a couple, I think our win percentage was massively improved when he played. Tbh I think he will stay.

76 appearances in three seasons.

Very strange people act like he’s Gbamin.
This is weird, I agree.

I think his long absence last season has mixed together in people’s minds with his fairly frequent niggly injuries he’s had previously to make him seem like a perma crock.

I do think my perception has been muddled by that, anyway. To the point where I find it quite hard to imagine another club wanting to take him on.

This is weird, I agree.

I think his long absence last season has mixed together in people’s minds with his fairly frequent niggly injuries he’s had previously to make him seem like a perma crock.

I do think my perception has been muddled by that, anyway. To the point where I find it quite hard to imagine another club wanting to take him on.

Not permo crock but massively unreliable.

At £100k+ a week to not be relied upon is and always will be something the club can't afford.

If he was on Michael Keane wages then you'd argue it's better to keep than get rid

Status
Not open for further replies.