2022/23 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
When fit, he still gets in the starting 11 on paper for me. Probably in a 3.

But it’s time to move on. I’d only use him when really needed from now on, as his injury record is ludicrous and surely causes more disruption than good.

It can’t be good for Godfrey, Holgate etc’s development to know that, if fit, Mina gets in the team ahead of them when they’re available 20+ games a season more than him (not Godfrey at the moment, but you get my point). Mina coming in for 2 or 3 games isn’t worth ruining the attitude and confidence of others. Plus, we’ve got to completely change things when he goes down 20 minutes into every other game he’s fit for.

He seems a nice fella, so hopefully he just sees out his contract with no issues and both sides can move on from this unfortunate period.

When fit, he still gets in the starting 11 on paper for me. Probably in a 3.

But it’s time to move on. I’d only use him when really needed from now on, as his injury record is ludicrous and surely causes more disruption than good.

It can’t be good for Godfrey, Holgate etc’s development to know that, if fit, Mina gets in the team ahead of them when they’re available 20+ games a season more than him (not Godfrey at the moment, but you get my point). Mina coming in for 2 or 3 games isn’t worth ruining the attitude and confidence of others. Plus, we’ve got to completely change things when he goes down 20 minutes into every other game he’s fit for.

He seems a nice fella, so hopefully he just sees out his contract with no issues and both sides can move on from this unfortunate period.
With the arrival of Tarkowski and Coady as well as the form shown by Holgate I am not sure Mina would be a certain starter , if fit.

With the arrival of Tarkowski and Coady as well as the form shown by Holgate I am not sure Mina would be a certain starter , if fit.

Agree re. Tarkowski and Coady, they’re your two in a back four. Think Holgate having one or two good/decent games is a bit early to say his form keeps anyone out the side.

There’s a point when the body just breaks down…and I’m afraid Mina has reached it.
The powers that be must have known.
I wondered why we were targeting all these CB’s; it’s become clear to me now.

Was there ever any sniff that we offered him a new contract? Obviously it usually happens long before they enter their final year and I don’t remember any reports, rumours or anything.

I think that Mina will probably be fit for the world cup and will leave Everton in January so we will be paying wages for another five and a bit months.

Of course a club could take him on loan until he proves his fitness and could complete a deal then at any time and that could happen immediately , if they were prepared to do so.

I think we'll probably get a run of games out of him come March, when he is looking to impress potential new employers. It will be Rather like his improved fitness situation when internationals for Colombia are upcoming.

There’s a point when the body just breaks down…and I’m afraid Mina has reached it.
The powers that be must have known.
I wondered why we were targeting all these CB’s; it’s become clear to me now.

I remember when we bought him, he was injured even then, this is totally on Brands not checking his injury record before he came. When you think he bought Gbamin and Delph as well, that's three players who were on high wages who have hardly played for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.