you know

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuitsBlue

Player Valuation: £50m
Yesterday, 03:12 AM
we know he performs, he also scores vital goals, and does the 'attack dog' job better than any other player we have (he shades cars because he is quicker and better in the air - sorry super, if i could knock 5 years off you i would mate)

im back on my M.G.P soap box, a quality left foot addition as well as manny would make our midfield roar like a V8, we know johnno can finish when he is provided for, so far the majority of his service comes from arteta on the right and occasionally when hes on the left, imagine 2 artetas, suddenly the vision and passing capability looks more than twice as good because we could stretch play and expose weaker individuals in opposition defences.

heres a hypothetical, imagine man-ure for the last decade without ryan giggs.

http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=652

man ure 5 nil up, giggs in inspired form, just watch his passing. illustrated my point finely ryan.

Dont be daft he'll never leave United and by the time he does, he will be no use to us anyway. He's a fantastic athlete with a couple of years left yet.
He has 701 appearences and wants to beat Charlton's 752 so he'll stay for awhile yet.

the important point of ur argument suits is that giggs and pedersen are the same class, if mgp was really that good surely he would be going to one of the top 4 as they always buy any one left sided, duff, robben, kewell...

im not going to say same class, because giggs is a bit of a rarity, what i will say is that mgp is a quality player in his own right, good passer, fairly quick, good delivery from set pieces, also chips in with a few goals, is left footed.

that balance for a midfield is invaluable, midfields that suss us simply get tight on arteta or double up on him, which restricts our creativity, unless he manages a piece of magic or ten, the problem with relying on world class arteta is that he isnt a robot and cant perform brilliantly every game, some of the burden needs to be shared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back