Young player to break through

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueclouds

Player Valuation: £35m
Chelsea, Man u and arsenal have all started young players this season and a few of them have done well. I'm concerned our young players are not good enough. What is wrong with our youth system?

Just hard to fit youth in when we are 18th in the table. I would love for Gibson, Gordon etc to get some action against the likes of Southhampton, Watford, Norwich and the other teams in that category but we are struggling with out Seniors... I hear where you are coming from but until we get some consistency, it just wont happen.

The club seems to place too much importance on winning stuff at U23 level and as a result play the same players, who aren't good enough to go into the senior squad, and stifle the flow of younger players trying to move from younger groups.

Walter Smith gets a lot of stick for his time as manager but one thing he did do was regularly purge players who were caught between U21 & senior level and not progressing. He could see how detrimental it was to the younger academy players to have that pathway congested.

I think it’s a few things.
We’ve been relatively mediocre for a while now so Managers would rather rely on experience. Hard to start youngsters if you might destroy their confidence.
i also wonder if the set up in the academy is right, they seem to look like world beaters but never are. I only recall Rooney being brilliant.
The first team never look the fittest to me, I would imagine training is similar throughout the club, I wonder if the whole training schedule needs a revamp.

Just hard to fit youth in when we are 18th in the table. I would love for Gibson, Gordon etc to get some action against the likes of Southhampton, Watford, Norwich and the other teams in that category but we are struggling with out Seniors... I hear where you are coming from but until we get some consistency, it just wont happen.
We refuse to trust young players and are 18th. Leicester have basically used only young players aside from the GK, Vardy and Evans and are top 4. We are where we are because we refuse to trust younger players and let them grow and play through mistakes.

I really like Jonjoe kenny but we’ve shipped him out on loan yet I’d rather have him than sidibe!
I can’t help but think we’ve messed up letting lookman and vlasic go

Chelsea, Man u and arsenal have all started young players this season and a few of them have done well. I'm concerned our young players are not good enough. What is wrong with our youth system?

Silva chose to stick will proven failures rather than give likes of Gordon a chance

If we played 3 at the back I would consider Gibson as LCB. Mina in the middle and Holgate at RCB. Gordon on the bench as he can play any of the front 3 positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.