Young players that leave Everton .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re Ruddy though, the only young keeper in the entire league that's really come through and lived up to their reputation has been Joe Hart.

Foster at Man Utd never really came good. Liverpool had a couple of supposedely good young English keepers (ala Carson). We've had several dating back to Paul Gerrard, Richard Wright, Steve Simonsen and then Ruddy.

The problem is that goalies very rarely get rotated, so the youngsters don't often get game time. When they do, if they make a mistake they get hammered for it. The only reason de Gea is getting so many chances is because Ferguson spent so much on him.

Which young player has done a decent carrier after being released or sold in Moyes era ?

Rooney springs to mind, but mostly few have done that. Maybe he plays few youngsters, because they ain't good enough?

I find the OP (and the many parroting it) disingenuous, facetious and boring, but I'm desperately trying to stave off a work task that is even more boring, so to answer the question, here goes my team - based mostly on national team/top flight appearances*, transfer sums fetched and whether or not the player's career is still on the rise or not.

* Weighted by quality of the league, so no ROI/NI/Wales based players make the cut.

GK: John Ruddy
RB: Paddy Boyle
CB: Anthony Gerrard
CB: Peter Clarke
LB: Danny Fox
RM: Zac Thompson
CM: James Wallace
CM: Steven Schumacher
LM: Bjarni Vidarsson
CF: Karl Sheppard
CF: Lukas Jutkiewicz

Subs: Lars Stubhaug, Shkodran Mustafi, Hope Akpan, Eunan O'Kane, Kieran Agard

OK, scraping the barrel a bit w/ Agard, but it was either him or Scott Spencer for the sub forward position (33 goals in 34 games in the Conference National, wow). Anyway, I didn't include Keith Southern nor any of the players who never made it to the scholar stage (Baines, Jags, Kelly, etc)

If at this point you feel compelled to say "LOL WHO'S THEY LOL?1!", how is that the player's fault? Between them, there are 2 players with senior caps for their country, 3 or 4 captains of their clubs and plenty of players of the year for their clubs or PFA league 1/2 team of the year members.

This team on its own would probably be contenders for promotion in league 1, and I haven't looked in detail, but it compares very favorably to similar teams of players who were released/sold for nominal fees by most other teams (with the exception of the two Man clubs, Arsenal, Chelsea and Villa). Anyway, I can expound on the topic of Everton youth for hours, but it seems of little use. I'll just pose this - compare the team above with the following and think:

GK: Carlo Nash (Hahnemann)
RB: Lars Jakobsen (Lucas Neill) (Ibrahim Said)
CB: Andrew Gardner
CB: Eddy Bosnar
LB: Nuno Valente (or Ferrari - both were brought in at the same time, choose one)
RM: AVDM (McFadden Mk. 2)
CM: Segundo Castillo (Plessis)
CM: Anderson da Silva (Rodrigo)
LM: Drenthe (Bily)
CF: Jo
CF: Joao Silva

Note, these aren't players who were brought in as starters and flopped - just those "making up the numbers" transfers, which nobody sees coming and nobody seems to mind. And while Drenthe/Bily do not quite fit the bill, over the Moyes years we have bought so few wide players that I had to improvise

- how much action in an Everton shirt did those players see

- how many points would we have dropped if any of the players below were replaced with their corresponding player from the list above

- how much did we spend on fees, loan fees and wages on both teams

- how much of a resale value did the senior players have at the end of their spell with Everton

- how much would a young English player with PL experience fetch, considering we got 2 mil for Vaughan

Former trainee of ours caught up in doping.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...banned-from-football-for-two-years_90559.html

Fleetwood Town midfielder Gerard Kinsella has been banned from football for two years after testing positive for anabolic steroid nandrolone.

The Football Association have confirmed that Kinsella has admitted to breaching the governing body's Anti-Doping regulations.

A statement from the FA said: "Kinsella was charged under FA Rule E25 for a breach of Regulation 3 after he gave a sample following an out of competition test which contained the presence of a prohibited substance, namely Nandrolone, listed as an Anabolic Androgenic Steroid in the 2013 Prohibited List of the World Anti-Doping Code.

"The player, who requested a personal hearing, will serve a 24-month suspension commencing 5 February 2013 (backdated to the date of sample collection) until 4 February 2015 [inclusive]."

The suspension is subject to an appeal.

Can't help but feel more and more of these incidents will occur among young footballers who don't quite crack it at the top level.
Feel for him, but utterly foolish. Deserves the ban.

Ged had a serious knee injury when he left us I think, might still be having knee troubles, still a stupid thing to do mind. Ruining his own chances.

Reading his mitigating statements to the FA, basically says he's been suffering with injuries and successive shoulder dislocations and that his older cousin offered some 'pain relief' and in his naivity, he accepted.

FA didn't challenge his story, but had to ban him anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.